New Moderation Policy: Posting personal information will get you permanently banned

Victor’s martyrdom stands for thousand upon thousand of other martyrdoms errr at stud pony express, Ajax United Express, NMNM, unstuck, 2+2, Chiefsplanet… in a forum World at War.

Can you refresh my memory of whatever awesome way I styled on you in the past? Because I’m sure it was sweet.

2 Likes

Scene: Me and d10 at the zoo (suspend disbelief that I’d ever interact with or even know somebody like that In Real Life)

----- 6ix: I don’t come to the zoo much anymore.

----- d10 {screeching}: BUT U R AT THE ZOO RIGHT NOW

2 Likes

yeah how on earth did this forum run into problems and not take off as a pinnacle of vigorous debate and fun on the internet

IMG_6568

when you style, you are free from the plague of inadequacy errr

Of course it’s insane. Otatop is just trying to make an “objective” rule where he can punish people he doesn’t like. He’s pathetic.

2 Likes

Red neck noise

1 Like

I reckon posting a poster’s real name should be a bannable offence if they’ve specifically asked not to have it mentioned. Seems like basic courtesy tbh and I don’t think whether it quite meets the definition of doxxing matters that much.

I don’t like the idea that this extends to previous user-names though. I get CaffeineNeeded’s point that it can become a stick to beat people with but we each have to live with our own history in the communities we choose to share. I don’t think the rest of a community should be forced into giving a clean slate to anyone.

2 Likes

Good faith accidental posting of a previous username would get an official warning at most but probably just a “Hey, don’t forget they go by XYZ now and don’t want to be called ABC” type of thing.

The part I consider more important is the real name or personal life stuff. I’ve been told by multiple users that they’ve reduced their posting here because they don’t want to someday find themselves a target of someone creepily making a reference to something they posted years ago.

For example AQ’s post that lead to his banning had a reference to grue’s personal life edited out of it but even the part that was left unedited was a reference to a post that was deleted a year and a half ago.

I think most of us can manage to avoid being hypercreeps to each other and those that can’t…bye.

this was such serious infraction that it wasn’t mentioned in the mod note when he was temp banned

what’s creepy is attempting gaslight the rest of us to make this about someone other than who it is. this nonsense about previous user names is about cuse and so you “this is no democracy” to protect someone from something that’s not a problem.

2 Likes

You just banned Keed for a week literally for posting “cuse*******”, get over yourself.

(redacted so I don’t catch a week long ban, lol)

ETA: To be clear, I agree real names and personal life stuff should be off limits. The username stuff is beyond parody though, ridiculous that you’re going along with cuse on that.

3 Likes

Again, not everything is noted in the mod log, which is a voluntary service mods do.

Cuse is not the only person who’s requested his previous name not be used., AQ himself has also requested people not call him by his previous name. They also both seem fine with referencing partial names (cuse and chads, respectively) so I don’t think it’s unreasonable to ask people to not post the entire previous username.

I don’t really think the username thing is going to be enforced often but wanted to put it in the overall warning because we were already dealing with rules nittery about posting real names.

I think we should honor people’s requests not to use the full versions of their old screen names. But honoring that request should be a “don’t be a dick” rule rather than a “don’t dox” rule unless the name is literally their IRL name or something.

And it’s ridiculous to allow one such member to remain a mod and to edit posts affecting them without allowing that courtesy to all, if it’s truly such a big deal. Preferably, none of them would be a mod. There is truly no reason for cuse to remain a mod in this community after what he did.

6 Likes

Oh great. So now we don’t even know what the new rules are, leaving you even more scope to take swipes at people you don’t like.

Do you really think you’re suitable for this role? You don’t seem to be applying much logic or common sense to it.

Look jal I know you and your friends think it’s your God given right to come to UP and be dicks to people but I’m tired of it.

Be happy I made an announcement warning you to stop being dicks instead of just moving straight to bans.

1 Like

Yeah? Bans for what exactly?

ps you have already banned someone for a week, in case it’s so insignificant to you that you forgot.

Being dicks. I thought that was pretty clear.

1 Like

You’re going to ban people when you and you alone decide that they’re a “dick”?