New Moderation Confirmation Votes - SvenO and otatop

@SvenO and @otatop have been nominated to serve 6 month terms as mods beginning 5/1/2022.

Please cast your vote - link to voting.

A 2/3 majority vote is required to confirm a moderator per the current moderator appointment rules .

(Original nomination thread)

This poll will close at 11:59pm Eastern, Wednesday April 27, 2022, at which time results will be official.

Do you support confirming SvenO to a 6-month term as moderator?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters
Do you support confirming otatop to a 6-month term as moderator?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

Gonna be real. This is the first time I’ve found out about SvenO.

Basically every thread he frequents is one that I’ve never read. I suppose that’s not a bad thing.

Easy yes for backwards potato.

Not sure I can properly judge SvenO either way. Can’t really say I know anything about him.

Can @SvenO chime in in this thread about their thoughts on moderation on the site and their intended style of moderation? I don’t recall SvenO weighing in much on any of that stuff in the past, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Even just a few sentences so we have an idea of what type of moderation style we’re voting yay/nay for.

2 Likes

HALP I’m stuck in an endless loop again. I keep clicking link to voting and it just takes me back to link to voting.

Given the way the last few rounds of mod voting have gone, I propose we change the vote from a simple majority to something like 2/3 or even higher.

Any mod that gets 98% of the vote is a goooooood choice. Also lol churchill as always.

lol iron

It is 2/3rd right now.

Well then my work here is done.

3 Likes

SvenO has posted once in the last two weeks. Doesn’t seem like the pace for a mod.

Provisionally voting no for the same reason.

Essentially no idea who he is, how he will mod or if he even wants to mod.

Open to changing my vote with more info.

1 Like

@SvenO I’m case he doesn’t check this thread.

Not wanting to mod should be a requirement for modding.

“The Discourse Boys” could be the hottest band of 2022.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/ITYSL/status/1519106959823314948?t=hFUQTFxedcmoZXmDm2H1_A&s=19

2 Likes

i predict sven o becoming mod is going to be a “the young pope” type situation, and i’m not just saying that because i’m rewatching the young pope (5 bags)

1 Like

1 Like

Isn’t this board discourse?

I predict Sven’s moderation term will look like this

9 Likes