NBZ's WSOP 2021 Vegas Trip 10/9-19

Here is the only significant hand I had against Hellmuth.

I bring it in with (K2)2 two diamonds. Phil limps with an ace. Another player limps with a nine.

Three-handed to fourth. Phil catches a ten. The other guy catches a seven. I have a three. Checked around.

On fifth, Phil has a baby. Third player is showing something like T78. I have (K2)235 with three diamonds, two in the hole. I think my diamonds are very live. Checked to me and I bet. Both call.

On sixth, I have 2356 showing and I have a pair and a flush draw to go along with the obvious straight and low draw. I bet, Phil calls with AT-little-little. The other guy folds, which is what I wanted, to increase the chances I win the pot with two small pair. Phil calls and checks dark on seventh. I get the sense that he is committed to calling with a high hand and has cards he can catch to check-raise me. I have a horrible nine on the end. After thinking a while, I decide not to bluff and check behind. Phil announces that he has slowplayed aces with a wheel draw and flips over a seven as his final card, scooping the pot.

Should I fire a bullet in the Orleans $500 mystery bounty tomorrow?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Not Kessler, but …

I get early check in but my room safe is locked.

Two for one bingo is like two for one punches in the face. I don’t want the first one thanks let alone a free second one.

1 Like

The Gold Coast is not a bad location for being in town for the WSOP without a car. There’s a shuttle that runs every thirty minutes to the Orleans and Fashion Show Mall, the latter being an easy walk to the Venetian and Wynn.

I worked a charity bingo once, long before banning cigarettes in such places was a standard thing. On top of the overall grim vibe, I felt like I wanted to burn my clothes when I got home.

My grandparents were farmers so most of the winter they went to BINGO. I got to go and as a kid with little allowance, winning was pretty awesome lol. I bought several expensive things (bow, golf clubs) with BINGO winnings. The amount of smoke in a bingo hall was insane back then. I see a bar my friend manages has BINGO each week and gives away designer purses and shit and it’s packed each week.

If anyone has quick advice on adjustments for bounty tournaments, I’m happy to listen.

Plus it’s not June so you’re not risking death by heat exhaustion if you try to walk to the Strip.

Figure out how much in chips the bounty is worth, then figure that into any pot odds decisions where your opponent would be all-in.

Introduced cuse to dim sum at Ping Pang Pong. Didn’t take a lot of pics because I was too busy with poker talk. My brain is flowing right now with some ideas I want to explore. He was surprised at the amount of food we got for $60 including tip.

1 Like

My main concern is my adjustments for when I’m the one who might be all-in.

Same concept would apply, just in reverse. Add your bounty’s equivalent to your stack when deciding on a call. You’d be making somewhat fewer marginal calls than when you just consider your actual stack as a result.

I’m assuming I get a lot more marginal calls by bounty-chasers when I am the one shoving and they will be calling wider than they should, even accounting for the bounty. It feels like I should be tighter on my short stack shoves but be more willing to shove weak aces when they are normally just outside my pushing range?

Nothing about mystery bounties but:

3 Likes

If the players left to act after you have you covered you might shove in spots with top hands where you would do a standard raise. Someone might call you with a less than premium hand.

Of course my experience is <$100 donkaments.

I missed the free shuttle to Orleans, but I think I can still reg before the end of the first level by catching the next one.

The shuttle is nice.

1 Like