NBZ's WSOP 2021 Vegas Trip 10/9-19

Got in halfway through level one. I assume good players are at the Venetian MSPT or still in the Wynn bounty or not bothering with a buying this small, so the field should be soft. Table opening standard seems to be 3-3.5x, which should be a good sign, right?

Turned top two vs a set and leveled myself into thinking my opponent was trying to push me off a chop when the river paired the bottom card. Down to about a third of a starting stack.

And I’m out. Jammed with A9 in the BB vs a bunch of limpers for about 14bb. UTG limp-shoved with AQ.

Kamikaze oyster shooter.

3 Likes

Seafood chowder in a bread bowl.

4 Likes

I’m thinking 470 HORSE at Aria tomorrow. Maybe I wake up early enough to eat breakfast at the Henry.

Seems like a lot of dining out for a dude that brought a suitcase of food.

1 Like

I’m having cheap breakfast/lunch and paying for dinner usually.

2 Likes

Nice, I really enjoyed Ping Pang Pong

1 Like

I haven’t convinced any of the Vegas bound folks yet, but go to Shang and get some hand pulled noodles.

Great place for a solo diner at the counter where you can watch the process up close.

Though the actual play is to get shaven noodles in the Shang beef noodle soup.

1 Like

I’ve already been there on previous trips.

Let’s see if this shirt brings me luck.

12 Likes

470 HORSE at Aria.

First round is razz. 0 vpip. 1 bring in. Currently six handed.

First VPIP hand. Split kings lose to buried aces and a player who made aces on fifth. I made a four flush but bricked the river.

Couldn’t convert on any of three split pairs jacks or higher on stud. Stud/8 was meh. Hold em was another 0vpip game. Down to 18.3k from 25k.

16 full tables and 15 alternates.

Hit a 64 on 6th in razz to get back over 20k. Through 48 hands, I’ve vpip’ed about seven hands and won two.

Up to 26.4k by knowing how to keep the third player in when chopping a high-low hand.

If I had to rank my ability in these games, it’s O8, stud/8, razz, hold em, stud.

Hilarious razz hand where I had the lead the entire way despite catching a king on fourth and winning a big pot from two players calling me down. Up to 51.3k.

2 Likes

40.5k at the second break.

1 Like