NBZ's WSOP 2021 Vegas Trip 10/9-19

Anyone ever played this?

Down to 10.5 k. Less than two big bets. Blind vs blind in Omaha, raised with AQ88ds. BB defended with something like 9743. Flop was AAT with two clubs. He got there on the river with a 7-high club draw.

Got wrecked on a couple of steal attempts, then been blinded out. My table was going through the flop games, which are better for just picking a hand and going with it short stacked, but I got the table break curse and moved right into stud.

I think TPFAP is still relevant for playing short-stacked limit and you should play a lot tighter than some of you would believe.

I crushed one of those at Aria on smoke breaks years ago. Was playing pretty low, but made like $500 maybe?

If/when I bust, may scoot over to the Orleans to donk around in their $150 NL, then play O8 cash.

I’ve also never played at Mandalay Bay. Might walk to Excalibur and take the tram. Any dining recommendations between Aria and MB?

The dumpling place in Aria was pretty tasty but im no dim sum expert. I liked the one with pork and kimchi

Survived my first all-in (83)3 vs (J8)7 in stud/8 all in on third. Chopped pot.

I think folding (44)K when an ace opens in a likely fourway pot is correct.

First hand of hold em. UTG raises. I call blind all-in with J6 off and hit two pair against his 88. Next hand I fold 22 in the SB against a raise and a call.

1 Like

Ran my stack up to 49k on strength of getting it in for four bets pre with KK vs AJ. One of the players at my table was at the final table of one of my HORSE wins.

Met a player from my 1500 Hellmuth table. Apparently, I missed Phil crying after he played a razz hand bad and the table made fun of him.

4 Likes

Ordered some clamato. No caesar.

1 Like

You’re playing in a HORSE tournament where different tables are playing different games? That’s a horrendous tournament setup if true.

1 Like

People actually drink that shit?

1 Like

Standard to have each table play eight hands of each game before switching.

That seems insane to me. It’s completely unfair to have tables playing different games on the bubble and in the money.

Granted, almost all of my experience in HORSE tournaments is online, plus one live that also used the structure of game rotating by level. It never even occurred to me that one would be run any other way.

Busted 28th with 23 spots paying but I am really, really happy with how I played.

11 Likes

Live HORSE tournaments used to switch games at each level change, but that leads to getting way more hold em and razz hands vs split pot games, so they made it by set number of hands.

First on the list at Mandalay Bay, but give callins ahead of me.

1 Like