NBZ's WSOP 2021 Vegas Trip 10/9-19

I’ve got Ron Ware at my table and Pizza Tim just busted.

1 Like

No idea, but she said something about not playing for four years.

Not sure if I played this stud bust out hand right. I may have been tilted by bringing it in three hands in a row in stud then having my table break.

A trey bring in and a short stacked eight brings it in with three small bets behind. Cate Hall, who is clearly not a mixed game player, calls with a king showing and another king behind. I have (T5)5 with a very live two flush and a live overcard against eights. The eight has me slightly covered. Cate covers us both.

I raise trying to isolate, which I think I should be doing against the eight if it was heads up. He obliges with a threebet, but Cate comes along with (77)K and we are all in three ways vs (84)8. Cate catches a seven to make trips, but I catch a five on fifth to five me boat outs. I miss.

I’m not sure if I should be playing on fifth with a third player in. The eight could be stealing and the king is weak, but maybe I should fold against two players.

Oxtail soup and musubi at Aloha Kitchen.

Booked two nights at the Mirage. Now leaving Thursday. Unlikely to extend further because EDC jacked up hotel rates.

1 Like

1 Like

Fuckin annoying to make a wheel in Archie and not scoop.

1 Like

Feels like my best skill in poker is being good at saving bets on the river when sucked out on and choosing when to go for thin value in position, but I don’t use that sense of where I am to try and blow people off hands and I am vulnerable to being exploited by blocking bets.

My last meal before I leave is at Gordon Ramsay’s Pub. Starting off with some Magner’s.

2 Likes

Gordon Ramsay three course lunch. Onion and ale soup. Beef Wellington. Sticky Toffee.

3 Likes

WHERE IS THE LAMB SAUCE?

2 Likes

I’d smash all of that

I feel like those pics are violence against TJ.

2 Likes

This is the big salad yesterday at Mirage. The sandwiches aren’t overpriced if you use the 2for1 available on the MyVegas app.

And this is the $10 small combo at the Halal Guys in the Caesars food court.

3 Likes

Didn’t post much the past few days because it’s been a miserable trip. I lost five figures for the first time. There’s probably going to be some strat-heavy musings when I get home.

2 Likes

Halal looks awesome.

So you’re saying the salad is priced 2x it should be?

It was probably around $15. You should be able to get something similar for $10-12 off-Strip. The sandwiches have a similar premium for dining on the Strip, so a 2for1 deal is good value.

how much of it was tournaments vs cash? It read like you were playing a lot of mtts where the variance is silly high. If you lost a ton playing low stakes cash in vegas then it’s possible you need to think over some stuff, but i wouldn’t sweat it over mtt whiffs.

I was something like 1/12 cashes, with mostly mixed game tournaments.

I don’t think I played poorly at all. I think I was good at picking spots to save bets and give me more chances to pick up pots. I just couldn’t hit anything.

If anything, I came away more convinced that I can hang with players with better resumes than I have.

The one sure leak I know I need to plug is not folding enough pairs on third in stud high which would be marginal calls in a cash game but which should be thrown away more often in a tournament.