National Basketball Association - 2023/24 Season

Listening to bill Simmons pod on finals preview where he recaps what a huge upset it would be for the mavs to win, but maybe it’s not.

I think the memory of losing a finals because the best player (Steph) just dominated is still fresh in the collective Boston fan mind. I posted back then about Steph setting a world record for me just shaking my head and saying “I mean, what can you do?!?!” when he’d make an easy bucket against good defense. We’ll see if Luka approaches that. I vividly remember him beating the Celtics on back to back game winners in Dallas - with good defense! I won’t be surprised if he shoots 70% from the field this series.

I’ve consumed so many podcasts this week. All the advanced stuff tells us how good the Celtics are. I think it’s also fair for people to go back to how much better Luka is offensively than Tatum. Dallas is just always going to get a good shot. I posted a few weeks ago about how big the gap is between Jokic/SGA and Tatum, obviously I should have included Luka in that tier. With what he did to the Wolves…

I’m semi-bearish on the Celtics if Porzingis isn’t actually 100%. They need him defensively as much as for the offense. Glad everyone is set to play Game 1, hopefully it stays that way.

1 Like

Should be fun. Glad everyone is ready.

Never a good idea to take notes on a criminal conspiracy.

Minnesota and OKC were largely better than Dallas for 44 minutes a game.

Dallas just was better in crunch time.

https://x.com/espn/status/1798673442427871740?t=D4z7qDOt0JmkpN6nApFNUw&s=19

What went wrong with Redick?

https://twitter.com/jaycaspiankang/status/1798733374540169706

5 Likes

lol. lmao, even.

In case tiktok’s don’t embed, here’s youtube.

1 Like

Let’s GOOOOOOOOOO

Porzingis gonna be a problem

Stop the fight.

if all i need is an antenna to watch abc on tv why is it impossible to watch online for free?

2 Likes

I’d guess some people might need an outdoor antenna and can’t be arsed to install one.

Well for starters he’s not a basketball coach.

1 Like

I whined when this went against the Celtics last playoffs, so I’m contractually obligated to post this when variance benefits them.

Dallas 3s
Wide Open 4-13 - Open 2-11

Boston 3s
Wide Open 7-18 - Open 7-17

Obviously a good sign for Boston to have so many more attempts in both categories, but Dallas shot much worse than they normally do. Both Kyrie and PJ were 0-3 on Wide Open shots. Kyrie’s close to 50% in the regular season on those shots.

1 Like

I tought it looked like Boston was going for the jugular early too much. Do you think they will dial back 3s or keep pushing it?

Mavs really blew themselves up in the 3rd when it was almost a game again.

In the regular season, Boston led the league with 42.5 three point attempts per game and their 38.8% was second in the league. Shooting 38.1% on 42 attempts is just a normal day at the office for them.

1 Like

I think they’ll keep pushing it. They have a crazy record this year when half of their shots are 3s - they’re 35-4.

They go cold they can pile up some Ls of course - last season first three games against the Heat from 3 they were:
34.5%
28.6%
26.2%

Could easily happen again here.

Yeah got with in 8 then back to back travels and kyrie missed a wide open three. The air went out of them then and the Celtics put it back on them.