National Basketball Association - 2023/24 Season

All the more reason for the most famous practice player ever to be enshrined in glorious splendor.

1 Like

Wolves end up getting Suns in the platoffs. That’s like the worst matchup they could have, god rooting for MN teams sucks.

If ever there was a year where a team might even remotely consider tanking the 7-8 play-in game, this year’s West might be it.

yeah combined odds of beating GSW + OKC gotta be pretty close to the odds of beating DEN in a 7 game series if not better

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1779721986182201563

3 Likes

First player in history with 500+ minutes, 70+% from the field and 90+% from the line! 100% on 3s as well - he only took one, but I swear it was a designed play.

He played 900+ minutes, so not even close. Wonder if he’ll get some real money from someone - Cs would let him walk, I assume, with Quetta as the replacement if Luke gets more than a minimum. I’ll miss him and all his GIFs.

I can’t stop watching Boban give everyone free chicken. And then he goes down the court, finger raised in the air, like he just hit a dagger three.

Can you imagine if that missed free throw also impacted line? Spread, OU, Bobo based bets.

1 Like

It did. Game finished at 221. Closing consensus o/u was 222.5, but people were getting in at 221 and 222.

I searched around Twitter and didn’t find anyone bitching about it, though. Boban will always be a hero.

Wemby already killing it.

1 Like

I didn’t know Tim Tebow played for the Nuggets.

1 Like

Celtics guy looks like a player from the 60s or 70s

It’s bullshit they’re making them play on a court of boulders this year

Let me tell you I would love to see that tho

https://twitter.com/HoopMuse/status/1780259551888998546

Pravi MVP

Fellow wokesters,

I am struggling with the anger over Caitlin Clark’s WNBA salary. If I am correct, WNBA teams have less money because fewer people watch their games and come to their games, which (I think) are the main sources of revenue for sports franchises. Because of that, I am having trouble accepting that Caitlin Clark being paid less than Victor Wembanyama is a sexism issue. Am I wrong? I am concerned I am harboring some latent sexism/misogyny.

I think there is an issue here with her specific salary. She’s clearly worth a lot more to the WNBA team and the league. So it’s more as unfair as any rookie salary.

It is kind of weird how women basketball in the US goes from ‘most watched game in basketball’ between unpaid amateur female athletes a week ago to ‘no one will ever watch a wnba game’.

I’m not concerned about the actual numbers. I am concerned that the women aren’t offered the same sort of deal guaranteeing them a percentage of revenue that men have. I can accept that maybe women should get a somewhat smaller percentage because the WNBA loses money and is still growing, but I would like for a framework that treats the players more like business partners rather than employees like it is in the NBA.

1 Like