National Basketball Association - 2022/23 Season (Part 1)

I think they need to add another NBA level big, even just for the regular season. Both Robert Williams and Al Horford are going to babied (deservedly so). Maybe they can re-acquire Theis :) Folks are saying Thomas Bryant. I remember liking him years ago. Checked his stats, he’s played 700 total minutes in the last two years. Maybe they get him and another one on the minimum and hope one can be passable.

Anyway, doubt they use the Fournier TPE, Keith Smith who is pretty plugged in on their cap seems skeptical. They’ve still got a couple smaller ones.

Goddammit.

Crazy price to pay for gobert on what is an incredibly shaky fit. I hope they work it out cause its always fun when team try to win

3 Likes

It’s also fun when teams try to do something different. So much of sports is copy-catting what worked elsewhere. Throwing KAT and Gobert out there will be fun, whether it’s terrible or not.

Don’t love that this will limit the Naz Reid minutes, who I maintain is the coolest dude in the league (only based on his Free Throw habits).

2 Likes

I wish. Call me crazy but I’d keep JB over a couple years of KD.

What about Mfiondu Kabengele and Trevion Williams on the summer league roster and bringing back Luke Kornet?

Yeah, teams that are different are fun to watch. Definitely going to try to see a Minnesota game next year, with the border being closed haven’t seen Ant in person

1 Like

It worries me that I don’t know who the second guy is. I’ve at least read Kabengele’s name before (Clippers?).

I’m sure you know the big options better than me, so I’ll take whatever you suggest/Brad does. They just need to know whoever it is can actually play because with TimeLord/Horford as the only bigs, whoever it is will actually play a lot - if those two play 120 regular season games I’d consider that extremely lucky. Very possible one or both will be injured for the playoffs (TL’s history / Al’s age), and then the bench guy is playing in big games.

The dream was getting Richaun Holmes with the TPE (giving up some assets to get him), but that seems unlikely now.

I’m honestly OK with Kornet on the bench. He never embarrassed himself out there in his two Cs stints. At least to my unknowledgeable eyes, and I love the Giannis-stopper joke.

Solution to all our problems - get Naz Reid to the Celtics.

The Warriors reload.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1543012338298667018?s=20&t=464m-s2s1JuOC-_mN-LQuQ

2 Likes

We’re laughing at why in the world he would include Lowry in that demand right?

1 Like

Smart, energetic defender, high motor. Knack for reading passes, cutting off passing lanes.

On offense, he never ended up being a great three-point shooter with the Bucks. Had his moments, but percentage-wise, wasn’t all that great (not looking at stats at the moment). Solid enough ball handler, good passer. Terrible finisher at the rim. Basically, he’s more of a complementary facilitator/glue guy on offense rather than a reliable scorer, but he has the ability that shows up in spurts.

1 Like

Sucks to hear about finishing at the rim. If you are decent at that Warriors can get you some easy points. If he can learn to make good cuts he should be alright though.

I read he was a better shooter before the injury. We did increase Wiggins & GP2 shooting % a tremendous amount just by giving them great wide open spots to shoot from, and maybe our development coaching.

Durant only wants to play for the suns if CP3, Booker, Bridges, Ayton, and Steph Curry are there.

Dude is an absolute clown lol.

1 Like

I want a 3 team deal where the Raptors get Bam and the Heat get KD

Brooklyn not done ruining their team?

https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/1543378879099703297

How far would a big three of LBJ, Kyrie, and AD go in the West?

Assuming they stayed injury free (lol).

Seems like nobody else wants Kyrie and he’s not going to play. Might as well trade and get 2 FRP to take on Westbrooks contract while shipping Kyrie out.

I feel like the mavs would’ve been a good team for Kyrie. They need another star to go with Luka, their cap situation is all kinda of fucked up with tons of bad contracts, and not a top free agent destination. Worth a gamble imo. Not sure how else they could get a 2nd star. Luka too good for them to get a lottery pick.

If they’re all healthy in the playoffs that’s a scary big 3, problem is the rest of the team is trash. I could seem them making it to WCF though.

No defense at all besides AD as Lebron isn’t that guy anymore so I doubt they get further than that.

I wouldn’t have them as a top 5 team in the west.
Clips, GSW, Suns as clear contenders.
Nuggets, Grizz and Minnesota as teams that should comfortably make the playoffs and could even be WCF teams.
That’s six teams I clearly like more than even an AD/Kyrie/LBJ lakers without mentioning Dallas or NO.