National Basketball Association - 2023/24 Season

Jose Alvarado GOAT

1 Like

Yeah I can get with that argument for sure.

What jumps out at you?

https://twitter.com/KendrickPerkins/status/1780272424472412377?t=yefH-kwBD73HY1ZYsFqfkA&s=19

AD should be first team defense for holding together a team with DLo, Reaves and 40 yr old Lebron

The wnba should get an equal cut of the 50% revenue.

Or better yet, increase the percentage then split it up.

While you are at it give more money to all employees that service the team and stadiums too.

klay thompson is being paid 40.6 million dollars this year.

1 Like

He also left Giannis off his first team All-NBA.

Klay being overrated use to be one of my favorite arguments to have with people. Even in his prime if he was the best player on your team you wouldn’t win 30 games.

I have always felt Klay was overrated too. People wanting to put him in top 100 AT are way off. He benefited so much because of Steph’s gravity making his shots so much easier.

He is not a bad player (well he wasn’t) but he was not an elite player. Warriors fans think they will give him another bag.

As for first game, sucks Zion got hurt w 3 minutes left in a tie game, but isn’t that who Zion is now? Great talent that is often injured so never really hitting his potential.

1 Like

Klay and Drey both perfect complimentary pieces for Stef. Both have been smart to not go out on their own and get exposed trying to be the #1.

Nothing wrong with that. Klay is more than Kerr with the Bulls. Drey overall on a par with Rodman. Stronger O and perhaps better 1-1 defender vs high level D, no O and freakish rebounding.

Like that the Warriors got a second title wo KD. Validates them.

1 Like

Porter caught a permaban

He was betting on the raptors to lose.

1 Like

Sixers down 12 at half. Will be hilarious if they blow the 8 seed game on Friday.

Sixers no longer down 12

Showing some fight.

What a game for Batum.

Hopefully Embiid can get his legs back. Wasnt looking too good. His passing was on point though.

I think the more serious thing is that he tipped off a bettor about his “health status” before a game and then left the game after a few minutes, allegedly sick, so that the person could win a shit ton of money betting on the under on Porter props. Probably did it in another game, too, regarding an injury, though that wasn’t mentioned in the press release.

The betting against his own team is bad, too, but it was as part of parlays and the Raptors stunk, anyway, so it’s not like he needed inside info or anything. Again, not good, but I actually don’t think it’s as serious as basically throwing to win bets.

1 Like

Yeah, he apparently didn’t play in the games he bet the Raptors to lose. Still ban worthy.
Intentionally leaving a game early after tipping someone off seems even more suspect.

James Toney got 8 months I think and he bet his team to lose in games he was out injured, but he also bet his team to win much more often and was often betting on every single game so he was able to get a reduction in suspension for admitting he had a gambling problem. His gambling never affected his play, but Jontay’s clearly had an influence in his on court performance by intentionally leaving the game.

1 Like

A+ family they got over there

https://twitter.com/SteveStaeger/status/1781367989637427505

My guess is that most of the players are probably concerned with a higher floor than a higher ceiling. If your league is not that popular and actually losing money, you’ve got to be worried that a percentage revenue deal is not going to work out great for you and you might prefer something more fixed. Lots of people wouldn’t want to accept the downside risk of the league losing 20% in revenue over the next several years.