National Basketball Association - 2022/23 Season (Part 1)

LOL 3% chance

1 Like

They went for a full rebuild because they had a 41-win team with Jimmy Butler and nothing else.

1 Like

Thanks. I was fuzzy on the details and wikipedia wasnā€™t very helpful.

Sure is. Jaylen probably got a text from his BFF Kymie to sabotage the team again.

27-year-old Jimmy Butler was their youngest starter until they traded Taj Gibson at the deadline.

This was their team.

lots of folks in chicago hated that trade, and everybody knew it was a risk. And young JFB seemed like more of a potential locker room destroyer, Exhibit A being all of Minnesota today, who loathes Jimmy Butler and dislikes Thibs too.

Zach Harper one week ago: ā€œI think the biggest nightmare we have as an NBA is a Miami v Denver finals. I donā€™t believe in conspiracies, I donā€™t believe in the league getting in the way. But I do think something happens here. I donā€™t think thereā€™s a chance in hell we are getting Miami and Denverā€

ā€¦apparently he was mostly kidding but lol anyway

1 Like

Yeah Butler came off as a shitbag in his time in MN and also played like a complete turd in their only playoff series. He was right about KAT though. Iā€™m not a fan and never will be, Iā€™ll be rooting for the Nuggets to stomp.

Sounds like perhaps Jimmy wasnā€™t the problem.

1 Like

Screenshot from 2023-05-22 00-05-18

Because Windhorst says so?

I honestly canā€™t remember the last time anyone at ESPN had a sports take worth repeating much less whatever the frick is going on here.

Windhorst is very plugged in. He hints at some stuff that eventually happens (probably more likely on the podcastā€¦I donā€™t watch ESPN) and itā€™s not because heā€™s throwing blindfolded at a dartboard and getting some occasional hits. If Windhorst said it, I would guess that there are at least two NBA teams willing to give Harden $200 million.

And who would they be?

Are teams that desperate to get to the cap floor?

I guess after seeing the Beal contract nothing should be that surprising.

The point is that it isnā€™t ā€œabsurdā€

I think the Clippers would happily trade a collection of their non-PG, non-Kawhi players for Harden with an understanding that he opts in and gets extended for a ton of money when eligible. I think the Bulls are dumb enough to consider it if they can make it work.

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1660500413517377537

https://twitter.com/SocProf77/status/1660514289956864003

1 Like

They mustā€™ve gotten the leaked reverse sweep script.

BREAKING: Scott Foster has been assigned to work games for the next six days.

2 Likes

ESPN BPI has the Celtics as more likely to win the title than the Heat.

2 Likes

Sure, teams down 3-0 are 0-149 in the series, but those plucky Celts get a 26% chance. Why do they even put that out?

1 Like