National Basketball Association - 2022/23 Season (Part 1)

You almost have to admire their commitment to their algorithm.

1 Like

This has got to be top 10 WOAT clock management of the last min of a game.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/NBAMemes/status/1660456465088360448

What happened there after the Lakers missed with like 28 seconds left? It seemed like players stopped playing and JVG said something like ā€œhe traveled there in the backcourt and they didnā€™t call itā€

impressive defense by murray and gordon there.

i only watched the 4th q and jokic made like 19 offensive plays that no one else in the world can

LeBron traveled before taking the shot that hit the side of the backboard. The Nuggets got the rebound and marched down court and the Lakers didnā€™t foul.

The last 50 seconds was just criminal by the Lakers.

1 Like

It was a 24-second violation, so dead ball.

They didnā€™t call a 24-second violation though. Seems refs realized they should have and just also ignored the travel.

Ah. I must have fast-forwarded in my mind to the Lakersā€™ timeout and thought it was a dead ball.

Embust voters are shameless and will pretend like none of this ever happened. It will be same narrative early next year of Tater looking like the runaway MVP candidate before he faceplants and they pivot to someone else. Jokic is like Predator: slaying everyone and invisible to these idiots.

Itā€™s a regular season award.

find comfort in the quiet moments, like how quiet Mark Jackson was when Jokic hit that loopy three. That silence was the sound of Mark Jacksonā€™s soul leaving Mark Jacksonā€™s body, a complicated loss to Mark Jackson who believes in souls

not to mention that Jordan LeBron Shaq Kareem and probably Abe the Kitchen Sink Lincoln all got MVP snubbed to the point where by now everybody whose opinion you actually care about knows that the vote hangs on narrative first: Jokicā€™s legacy depends way more on the next two weeks. Though JFB is thinking the same thing

5 Likes

And Jokic was the best player in the regular season. Meta-narratives, including racism charges, about a doughy white guy who has never won anything being voted MVP three times in a row are the reason he didnā€™t win.

That and it is very likely that the Joker gave in to the Embust stans and tanked the last month to avoid tearing the league apart:

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2023/03/23/malone-says-jokic-turned-off-by-ugly-nasty-turn-in-the-mvp-conversation/

1 Like

Yeah itā€™s really about sports media being a group of moody, sycophantic dipshits voting purely for petty and self-serving reasons as opposed to who should have won an opinion trophy. Embiid is a great player who had a great season and is worthy of an MVP, so congrats to him. He did not have the best season by any fair reading of the evidence. Weā€™ve currently in the regret phase:

https://twitter.com/Jimmyjoejerkic/status/1653011979139706880

If only they couldā€™ve got to 44ā€¦

1 Like

I had to torture myself by looking up the Wide Open 3s (closest defender 6+ feet away) stats for BOS-MIA
Boston - 13 of 40 for 32.5%
Miami - 20 of 34 for 58.8%

Kind of surprised me that Boston had more, felt like in watching the games Miami is generating more of them. Possible theirs are all WIIIIIIIIIDE open, like 10+ feet, hah.

Regular season Boston shot 41.2% and the Heat were at 37.1% on wide open shots.

1 Like

Miami gets plenty of wide open shots, off Bam screens, where a defender is probably technically within 6 feet - but not in the play.

Ruh roh Miami. Cheers to Jeter and Arod for cursing this game with their presence.

As miserable as this series has been, seeing Jeets and A-Rod and references to 2004 never fails to bring a smile.

Wide Open 3s last night
Boston - 9 of 19 - 47.4%
Miami - 3 of 5 - 60%

Concerning that the Celtics had such a huge advantage there, and 5 fewer turnovers, and were only up by 15 until garbage time.

Me, too, Andrew. Me, too.

https://twitter.com/BucketSQD/status/1661147763764236289