National Basketball Association - 2023/24 Season

Depends on how bad the contract is and where the pick is in the draft, also what FAs there are they want to sign. With a more punitive luxury tax I can see it happening.
Alternatively they can give you a decent young player along with the bad contract and some 2nd rounders.

1 Like

Yeah I just saw a three team nets/heat/trailblazers trade that included the nets giving up a second first to get off Simmons. Although I am skeptical the trade happens.

The Kings just used the 24th pick to salary dump Richaun Holmes.

Lol. After I wrote that I was like didn’t mavs just do that?

I take it all back,

@NoMatterWho - I’ve been traveling, how did Harden do in getting that max you and @NotBruceZ were sure he’d get?

2 Likes

I don’t think I said he would get the max.

I apologize - I misremembered - your take was that Harden was never actually a free agent last summer (even though he was a free agent for a month).

It wasn’t absurd, which was your (wrong) point.

We know this based on the credible reporting you helpfully cited.

Credible reporting? Which team is it that offered Harden $200 million?

LOPEZ BROTHERS REUNITED

1 Like

https://twitter.com/o_a_khan/status/1676339836465328128

3 Likes

I wasn’t grant’s biggest fan and I’m not exactly sad to see him go but Dillon Brooks getting $26m more than him is hilarious

1 Like

I hope Oshae Brissett can handle Giannis running into him for 20 minutes a game and make a three or two.

I’m not a cap wizard, and maybe BOS would have gone above the 2nd apron this year with the Grant contract, but I wonder if they could have matched the full MLE offer, keep him for the year (I think they couldn’t trade him for one year), and then move him when Brown’s extension kicks in. I’m good with the Porzingis move, but that front court is even more fragile now, and Grant had outsized importance against the teams they need to beat the most (MIL, PHI, MIA, DEN). Asking a year older Horford to keep doing as much against Embiid and Giannis is trouble.

I’m sure my guy @KeithSmithNBA will break it down and tell me why it won’t work.

Yeah, they would’ve hit the 2nd tax apron unless they shipped someone else out. Makes sense, too bad, can’t keep 'em all. I don’t know how the math would have worked with Smart + Grant instead of the Zinger, seems like it could have been done.

I really enjoyed Osage’s time with the Pacers. He never could stay consistent enough to get minutes from Carlisle, but the guy always hustles. Good depth piece!

1 Like

Just ran the numbers real quick - Grant on Corner 3s the last 3 seasons including playoffs:
165-378 for 43.7%

Porzingis is at 51%, but only 47 attempts.

Brissett was 35.8% on 151 attempts.

I’ll enjoy watching Dallas. I am a secret Kyrie-enjoyer. Athletic says Grant and Luka are friends.

Of course she did

every damn headline is some mad libs shit or random AI tabloid output

The man is quickly entering the void occupied by Miles Bridges, Ray Rice, et. al. The Ben Pfeifers of the world have the vapors already.

wemby biggest bust of all time confirmed

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1677506784347717632