Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 2)

Both actually

1 Shawshank Redemption
6 Schindlerā€™s List
10 The Good the Bad and the Ugly
19 Se7en
24 The Silence of the Lambs
26 City of God
28 The Green Mile
30 Terminator 2
32 Spirited Away
33 The Pianist

Actually shocked I made it to 33. Plenty of popular movies I guess on the list.

Didnā€™t become a big cinema guy until last couple of years.

10 The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
22. Seven Samurai
24. The Silence of the Lambs
27. Life Is Beautiful
32. Spirited Away
33. The Pianist
35. Parasite
44. Oppenheimer
45. Grave of the Fireflies
46. Harakiri

I really canā€™t believe Life is Beautiful is so high on the list. The numerous people who havenā€™t seen it can rest easy on the knowledge that theyā€™re not missing an all-timer.

:stabby:

I donā€™t think I get it.

5 12 Angry Men
18 One Flew Over the Cuckooā€™s Nest
20 Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse
26 City of God
32 Spirited Away
33 The Pianist
35 Parasite
39 American History X
45 Grave of the Fireflies
46 Harakiri

Iā€™m just expressing my rage at your post ;) I have nothing to add, sorry if it didnā€™t make sense or came off bad

1 Like

Haha no worries. I just thought I was having a ā€œtoo old for a widely known memeā€ moment.

1. Godfather part II (I think, maybe I saw it once as a kid)
    1. 12 Angry Men
    1. Spiderman Across the Spider Verse
    1. Seven Samurai
    1. City of God
    1. Life is Beautiful
    1. Spirited Away
    1. Parasite
    1. The Lion King (probably seen all of it in pieces)
    1. American History X

On this note Harikari is a completely badass black and white samurai movie that can be streamed for free that I canā€™t recommend enough

2 Likes

Woof. Very much a Saoirse Ronan fan, had hopes for this one, and was frustrated it was getting a limited release and not coming to a theater near me. Seems I should stop being annoyed by that.

1 Like

Yeah, Harakiri totally rules. Top-tier samurai movie.

2 Likes
    1. 12 Angry Men
    1. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
    1. Seven Samurai
    1. City of God
    1. Spirited Away
    1. The Prestige
    1. Oppenheimer
    1. Grave of the Fireflies
    1. Harakiri
    1. Casablanca

The two Iā€™m ashamed I havenā€™t seen are 12 Angry Men (though Iā€™ve watched scenes) and Casablanca. There are a couple more in the top 50 that I canā€™t really remember if Iā€™ve seen all the way through.

Absolutely see 12 angry men and GBU

1 Like

Did you read the book? I read the Variety review and man this sounds like it could have been good.

I will probably watch it anyway as ā€œintrigues until it confoundsā€ is too intriguing to pass up. You know. Until.

I havenā€™t. Trailer looked good, so Iā€™m curious, but Iā€™ll probably just steer clear. It did get me to wondering what the lowest RT rating is of a movie I enjoy. And then I thought of a movie I like that probably gets critically reamed. Andā€¦yes, surely 11% is my answer.

1 Like

This is a pretty fun game. Its not my favorite, but I enjoy Saw V at 13%

1 Like

IMDB not seen :

1 - Shawshank (no comment)
20 - Spiderverse (will watch with my kids in a few years)
22 - 7 samurai (doubt iā€™d be into it tbh)
33 - The pianist (Polanski is not very likable for obvious reasons and this doesnā€™t even seem like one of his best)
38 - LĆ©on (another sex criminal director, however this one is also not good, pass)
41 - Whiplash (La La Land was bad enough that Iā€™m never watching another Chazelle movie)
44 - Oppenheimer (not into Nolan too much, if it was shorter Iā€™d probably watch it)
45 - Grave of the fireflies (looks good but depressing, should watch it at some point)
50 - Cinema Paradiso (seems boring)
55 - Witness for the Prosecution (why not)

Bad RT score / good movie, without doing much research this is probably the best I can do :

1 Like

Still seeing City of God on a lot of these lists. Repeating my recommendation from last time, this one is well worth seeking out.

1 Like