Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 2)

Oh and then definitely watch Easy Rider 2: The Ride Back!

donā€™t do that, I implore you

This canā€™t possibly be real

That was my first reaction too, but then I remembered that he has for some reason volunteered to be our bad movie correspondent. And Google confirms its existence. Wild. Especially doesnā€™t make sense for that to exist after seeing the movie (itā€™s really good).

Iā€™ve never seen it but The Flop House did an episode on it, itā€™s a real movie.

Thinking about trying heroin. Pulp Fiction made it look pretty fun.

2 Likes

Did it?

It is truly awful.

6 Likes

ok I tried watching this, it is targeted content relevant to my interests, but this dudeā€™s intonation is absolutely megatilting

1 Like

He actually had a poll based on similar comments where he asked everyone if he should hire someone else to do the narration. The overwhelming response (including mine) was to stick with his own voice. I donā€™t really get why people donā€™t like his intonation that much. I like it. Plus the videos are so damn good. He mixes clips and art together so well that it feels like I watched the alternate movie.

Taxi Driver gets better every time I see it. De Niro remains impressive, as does Albert Brooks, but the standout is a young Jodi Foster.

1 Like

I feel like Taxi Driver is the point of no return for me with casting Harvey Keitel and attempting to play him as any other than a complete shitbag. I know nothing about him personally, so Iā€™m going entirely off of his screen presence. The closest he can be to a good guy is a Winston Wolf situation where there is no pretense in the Pulp Fiction that most any of the characters are good people. Cast him in a sympathetic role and Iā€™m just going to be doing the Still Alice/Alec Baldwin thing and spend the whole movie waiting for the heel turn.

1 Like

Iā€™m with you on this one. I love The Piano, but lol at him being the love interest. The closest I got to seeing him as a hero is Reservoir Dogs due to how far he goes to protect his colleague.

Oh wait! He was also sympathetic as the cop in Thelma and Louise.

I have to admit that I havenā€™t seen most of his filmography.

Have yā€™all not seen Smoke? Keitel and his character are both so amazing in it.

1 Like

I admit I have not seen Smoke. I do remember him as an SNL host, but Kevin Nealon kind of stole the show on that one.

1 Like

If you like talky independent movies Smoke is a solid recommendation. Havenā€™t thought about it in quite a while but Iā€™m pretty sure I cried seeing it.

A little late to reply, but this is sorta like on brat when Charli says ā€œIā€™m so Juliaā€ but sheā€™s really Charli. Maybe a Pretty Woman reference!

1 Like

Stephen Kingā€™s The Long Walk Screenwriter Confirms Adaptation Will Not Be Pulling Any Punches

One of my favorite King novels. I hope this is good.

1 Like

FWIW, if this putting off has continued, I think you would enjoy it and itā€™s on Pluto right now. Itā€™s nothing amazing, but itā€™s a good time.

(I just ran across it on Paramount Plus and it reminded me of this post.)

1 Like

Hey thanks! Iā€™ll watch it tonight or tomorrow. I just started a rewatch of the TV show Fringe, but those are only 50 minute episodes. Iā€™ll pause it after this next one to look on Pluto.

1 Like