Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 2)

I can’t even come up with someone that could pull off the Hogan look

Joe Manganiello with all the bleached hair maybe?

Batista would be a natural fit, but his actual ties to wrestling would probably make him not want anything to do with this project.

1 Like

Lol, he got jacked for The Eternals and then just kinda decided to stay that way

1 Like

Men’s Health still exists!

Just saw Deadpool & Wolverine.

Ignore the kill joys. It’s a hell of a lot of fun.

2 Likes

Peter Sarsgaard. Or Alexander Skarsgård. Really anybody with a variation of that last name, but Stellan might be too old.

I thought Chris Hemsworth was supposed to play Hogan in some movie.

i had never watched pretty woman but i am right now and i’m also high and playing a video game but they’re at an opera, and an attendant says, “your glasses are right here, julia” and i had to stop and rewind. how the hell did that make it into the final cut? if i’m this distracted and was still aware of the movie enough to know that that’s vivian. julia roberts isn’t going to the opera. there isn’t going to be a real opera, this is for a movie.

4 Likes

I got it. The Nazi guy from Inglorious Basterds.

1 Like

I just pulled up the scene on YouTube and he says, “Your glasses are there. Enjoy the opera.” It’s quick and quiet, though, and since you put it into my head that he said Julia, I did have to watch it twice.

2 Likes

The opera scene is great. I like Edward’s explanation that some people instantly love opera, but others will only learn to appreciate it.

I think we figured out why you heard him say Julia lol

Hope you enjoy the rest of the movie!!

3 Likes

The film is expected to earn out around $1.2 billion

1 Like

Speaking of getting high and watching movies, oh wow Shogun Assassin rules. It’s like if John Carpenter made a samurai movie. On Criterion Channel now. 5 bags of popcorn, pulp masterpiece.

2 Likes

Trap debuting in 3rd is really bad fpr Shayamalan. I know he mostly uses his own money but how many studios are going to keep distributing if he isnt pulling in #1s

1 Like

Oof yeah it pulled in $6.7 million on a $30 million budget. This is looking like a bomb.

Flipping through Prime Video and realized that Easy Rider definitely falls into my “WTF, you haven’t seen that?” list. Going to fix that right now.

I rewatched that recently as part of a movie discussion group, certainly worth seeing in 2024.