Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 2)

Man, you probably haven’t even heard the extremely awkward Dumb and Dumber Rewatchables with just Bill Simmons and Jennifer Lawrence.

Bill: “You see, John Hughes was this director of 80s–”
JLaw: “I know who John Hughes is.”

2 Likes

I won’t be in a hurry for that.

1 Like

Talk about your all-time backfires. I thought I was really making the sale.

The movie is great, but you already knew that that’s the consensus.

1 Like

I tried to listen to it but I just couldn’t. It was bad.

Titanic
Lord of the Rings
Schindler’s List
Pirates of the Caribbean

So movies that people would think i would have seen, and that i have seen?

I watch a lot of movies so not sure what would surprise people

Saw, maybe (any of the franchise)
Maybe some other horror stuff

Tubi just added a bunch of new movies. Finally a chance to sit down with Air Force One again. I’m old now and curious how the politics will hit me this time.

1 Like

I feel like it’s probably never that surprising if a person hasn’t seen Schindler’s List. It’s one of the true GOATs, but I don’t know if there’s ever a moment of being in the mood for that movie. It’s really just something that you have to make yourself do sometime. And to be clear: it’s obviously brutal and emotionally taxing, but it’s not at all a slog IMO.

2 Likes

Schindler’s List
The Pianist
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

All fall under emotionally brutal but should be seen at some point.

No, movies that people would think that you have seen, but haven’t.

1 Like

omg lkj never saw midnight cowboy what is wrong with him

1 Like

Not seeing Alien and Aliens is madness.

6 Likes

When Schindler’s List was in theaters my family went to the holocaust museum in Washington DC, which was right after it opened. After that I was like “yeah I think I got it”.

1 Like

I haven’t seen Tootsie. Or Eraserhead. Or Young Frankenstein. Or The Sting.

So I guess those are some others.

1 Like

never saw any pirates of the caribbean

i never saw any of the marvel movies. i saw the christopher nolan batmans and the toby mcguire spidermans and that’s IT

1 Like

I don’t know how old you are, but if you’re anywhere near my age, this might make you a teenager when you paid this visit?

I’ll say that I both went to the Holocaust Museum and saw Schindler’s List during high school, and they both made an impression on me, but I honestly just don’t think I had the emotional development or intelligence to get out of them what I would today. When I watched Schindler’s List earlier this year, I found that it was well, well worth it to revisit. It’s an absolute masterpiece, a word I only use sparingly. And while it’s certainly not one I could watch all the time, I do think I’ll probably hold myself to watching it at least once every decade until I’m dead.

So I would encourage not just permanently leaving at it “I got it,” though I obviously understand.

3 Likes

I was 20. Yeah, I should watch it.

2 Likes

I was trying to figure out a few for myself. Thanks for this list. I’ve seen Tootsie but none of the others.

Tough because I do try to knock out movies I feel like I must have seen

I’m going with

Night of the Living Dead
Rocky Horror Picture Show
The Iron Giant
The Best Years of our Lives
Step Brothers

1 Like