Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 2)

Ah, should have been a short film

1 Like

Yes. Itā€™s unusually good for Shyamalan. And it has an incredible performance from James McAvoy. It has the benefit of being straightforward and not relying on any particular twist.

I would also suggest The Visit. Low budget and effective, a return to form proving we could walk into Split cautiously optimistic.

2 Likes

How are people talking about the worst movies ever and no one has brought up The Day After Tomorrow?

Well LFS is the only one actively trying to watch all the worst movies ever, so Iā€™m thinking many of us havenā€™t seen many of the actual worst.

2 Likes

Because it hasnā€™t happened yet

3 Likes
2 Likes

Canā€™t tell if serious?

The synopsis? Yeah. Thatā€™s how Iā€™m remembering it anyway.

78% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes! I was ready for some fucked up, twisted stuff based on the blurb on the menu and the positive reviews it gets, but I just felt gross for most of the viewing.

1 Like

No. Sorry wasnā€™t trying to be a jerk. Just wasnā€™t sure if sarcasm.

I can see hating it but your comment about her liking it is odd. Thatā€™s the entire point. Abuse isnā€™t abuse if there is consent involved.

Anyway. Cheers.

Iā€™m in the same boat as your wife and I feel fine about it. Think Iā€™ve only seen Sixth Sense and Village from his catalog.

1 Like

Leprechaun 2 blows the doors off of Leprechaun 1, despite the lack of Jennifer Aniston. Itā€™s very much the same schlock energy as a Larry Cohen movie.

2 Likes

Leprechaun movie marathon has got me messed up like Garth:

2 Likes
1 Like

Had a discussion during trivia night last night:

What are everyoneā€™s 5 biggest ā€œyou havenā€™t seen that?ā€ movies?

Not necessarily the most well regarded or most famous, but the ones that people would think you would have seen by now based on age and general interest.

I think these are mine:

• Alien
  • Back to the Future
  • Ferris Buellerā€™s Day Off
  • Goodfellas
  • The Shining
1 Like

Alien and Goodfellas are must watch immediately types for me. Especially Alien imo.

1 Like

I havenā€™t seen a lot of the old classics but for someone my age (late 30s) itā€™s probably all of the Lord of the Rings. Canā€™t really think of any others.

1 Like

This is a tough question because if itā€™s at the front of my consciousness then Iā€™d probably have already taken care of it.

The Fast and the Furious (includes every other movie in the franchise as well)
Once Upon a Time in America
Dawn of the Dead
The Fly
Midnight Cowboy

I donā€™t know. I feel like thereā€™s more prominent stuff than this that would fit better, but Iā€™ve tried to clean up my biggest blind spots. Iā€™ll start thinking of better shit the second I press post.

1 Like

Bro

I guess:

Raging Bull
Exorcist
Friday
Social Network
Dumb and Dumber