Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 2)

Totes. Another movie that makes itself known within the first few minutes. Soundtrack alone is worth it. Very sad tho but also appropriate if you like classical music feels.

1 Like

Samuel L Jackson was 40 years old when he had a small but breakthrough role in Coming to America.

Now look at him at 74. Hell of a 34 year streak.

1 Like

I love Air Force One. Get off my plane!

If we’re getting TV shows, I get the Star Wars Holiday Special. Check and mate.

Checking IMDB, other Harrison Ford:

Force 10 from Navarone
American Graffiti
The Fugitive
The Conversation
The Frisco Kid (I watched that movie on cable a dozen times as a kid, totally don’t remember Ford in that)
Mosquito Coast
Presumed Innocent
Clear and Present Danger
Sabrina
The Call of the Wild

1 Like

Wilem Dafoe maybe?

1 Like

Sure which movies are you looking forward to first :eyes:

I feel there must be some supporting actor who’s had minor roles in tons of really good films. I had a look for extras but no one really qualifies.

1 Like

Sam reading a monologue from Breaking Bad.

Wonder what he’d charge to read an entire episode for Cameo or something.

Lighthouse and Platoon to start with

1 Like

assuming it’s accurate, this list is pretty interesting.

Sam Jackson is 12th on the list

I had a morbid enough curiosity about this to try it one time. I don’t think I made it to the 10-minute mark.

1 Like

Trejo crossed my mind, since he is all over the place in terms of genre. Likely wouldnt get bored.

Me?

3 Likes

Oh yeah, I forgot about you.

List of films (assuming you’re not doxxing yourself)?

I believe you were #101 on the IMDb list.

I’ve been in two of the top 250. Infinity War and Endgame.

1 Like

At least I’ve been in a scene with #1!

1 Like

Lol nice. He seems like a good guy too. I flew on the same flight as him him once but wasn’t sure until baggage claim. I was like man this guy is living the good life with just enough fame to win an Oscar but not so much he can’t get his own luggage without being accosted for autographs.

Stephen Tobolowsky up there with JK Simmons for scope of work and range of characters.

Yeah, I figure that’s got to be the sweet spot. Enough success where you’re doing very well financially, can always get work, get nominated for awards now and then, and are well-respected by your peers, but not so famous that everyone recognizes you. Enough recognition from fans to make you feel good and to make their day when you stop for a handshake, but not so much that you can’t get groceries.

1 Like

The Flash

3/10

Near the top of absolutely worst super hero movies. Definitely the worst in the Joss Whedon quippy superhero vein. This feels like a xerox of a xerox of a xerox of a superhero movie. The only redeeming part of it is Michael Keaton as Batman and Sasha Calle as Supergirl and I only mean in the sense that they weren’t actively terrible.

3 Likes