Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 2)

Memory is on digital now, worth 6 bucks?

I liked it to the tune of a 3.5/5 type of experience. Granted, I mean it as a compliment to a movie when I give it 3.5 (my most common rating is 3/5). I donā€™t think itā€™s as strong as All of Us Strangers. Iā€™d say whether itā€™s worth $6 comes down to whether ā€œliked it but didnā€™t love itā€ is worth $6 to you. Feels like a high floor/low ceiling type of film in terms of how most viewers will react to it.

Think Iā€™ll wait, surely it hits streaming at some point

You have to watch the companion piece, See No Evil, to get the full experience.

1 Like

Let us not forget the film that kicked off the franchise.

5 Likes

Thought this one was brutal. Blumhouse is remaking it. Iā€™m sure it will be good, but in the way Let Me In was a good but pointless remake of an already perfect movie.

People just couldnā€™t accept it when she died, but the directorā€™s commentary says the director believed in the real world, when a woman introducea violence into the situation, things always fall apart for her. I still like the ending and feel like she accomplished her goal in the end. Dying was a worthy sacrifice.

Are you watching her newest movie Saltburn?

Yea I talked about saltburn above somewhere, I liked it too, and agree with your comments on the ending of promising young woman

1 Like

Burn it with fire.

Wat?

1 Like

Maybe the Twisters from Twisters can send Sam and Victor to Oz and we can get a proper follow up to The Wizard of Oz

1 Like

Drive away dolls reviews are not good?

Are you watting to me or the article

The article

1 Like

Return to Oz tho

I canā€™t believe itā€™s a real movie. Seems more like a proof of concept a hotshot young filmmaker would make to prove their talent, but Disney actually released a full movie in which Dorothy is given electric shock therapy to cure her of the belief she truly went to a place called Oz.

1 Like

Drive-Away Dolls

Not super laugh-out-loud funny, but I was thoroughly entertained for most of the runtime. It wonā€™t threaten the upper echelons of the collective Coen catalog, but I liked it quite a bit. Margaret Qualley has real star power, and it feels like she has an exciting career ahead. She carried this thing with her charisma.

3.5/5

2 Likes

I canā€™t imagine it being good enough that I wouldnā€™t hate its existence. It would have to be a perfect movie or close to it, like BR2049.

What other Coen movie would you rank it alongside?

Big difference if itā€™s closer to Ladykillers than Barton Fink.

I havenā€™t seen Ladykillers. I pretty much just believe the negative reviews on that one. Iā€™d probably put it around the Hail Caesar level, but Hail Caesar was funnier.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1760793355628544477?t=uEC5NIbaXL5gVVUWut5A2Q&s=19

:eyes:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s Oscar bait

2 Likes