Movie Night Watch Party Megathread

Alien is the most perfect movie ever made imo.

Gotta love the Russians in Chronicles. I admit it does take the movie about 45 minutes to hit its stride though.

It may have helped that when I would watch it on TBS I’d always jump in the middle somewhere. By the time I watched the beginning I was already in love with the movie.

This is a very different version of Chronicles than I’ve seen. Some serious director’s cut stuff going on.

1 Like

Thanks google!

One of the greatest episodes of Community

Amazing. Able to appreciate at least the historical significance of these movies? Lots of movies that aren’t to my taste, but I see why they made such a big splash when they came out, or why some movies today resonate with people but feel empty for me. Not that they are empty, just they resonate with people for reasons that don’t apply to me.

Mike Nichols is the director for Graduate. His resume of movies is RIDICULOUS. Kept making bangers right up until the end, including the Aaron Sorkin penned Charlie Wilson’s War. One of those directors where it’s worth starting at the first movie and watching his whole catalog.

I had such a crush on her. And Brandon. His performances are limited only by the quality of the scripts. I look at his work here and in The Crow and wonder what he might have done if he’d lived. Maybe he’d get typecast, but maybe too he could have been like Mark Dacascos, who had an excellent movie career before taking his rightful place as the host for Iron Chef. Though he has since then returned to movies, such as with John Wick 3.

For today’s watch party, we will pay tribute to the third greatest movie ever made.

Saturday April 18
10pm EST

1 Like

Is this on Netflix? Or is it still happening?

For today’s Watch Party, we will pay tribute to the third greatest movie ever made.

Saturday April 18
10pm EST

Where are you guys getting the movies?

Re-up a Starz trial for No Country. If you sign up for it as an Amazon channel, all of your streaming trials should be reset unless you re-upped very recently.

I guess I’m out of luck since they stopped carrying betamax.

Not even the best Coen Brothers film

1 Like

Maybe a watch party mega thread?

Not really an option for me. I just have Netflix and it’s not on it. I could rent it from fandangonow or vudu for $4

It was recently.

This is maybe my #1 movie, and is my favorite theater experience ever, but we just watched it not long ago so I’ll probably rail a bit like last night.

I will PayPal you $4 if that’s what it takes

Yah I was going to use the other thread but can’t make Banners out of new posts in old threads, so I am using this thread so we can have a banner. Then I will merge it with the old thread.

Next time I think I will make a separate thread just for the banner and use that to link to the megathread. I didn’t want to do that this time because I was concerned with people already talking ITT that newcomers would get confused.

I hope you will pop in at least occasionally with dodgy Irish commentary