Movie Night Watch Party Megathread

Maybe a watch party mega thread?

Not really an option for me. I just have Netflix and itā€™s not on it. I could rent it from fandangonow or vudu for $4

It was recently.

This is maybe my #1 movie, and is my favorite theater experience ever, but we just watched it not long ago so Iā€™ll probably rail a bit like last night.

I will PayPal you $4 if thatā€™s what it takes

Yah I was going to use the other thread but canā€™t make Banners out of new posts in old threads, so I am using this thread so we can have a banner. Then I will merge it with the old thread.

Next time I think I will make a separate thread just for the banner and use that to link to the megathread. I didnā€™t want to do that this time because I was concerned with people already talking ITT that newcomers would get confused.

I hope you will pop in at least occasionally with dodgy Irish commentary

I donā€™t like means tested aid. Iā€™ll pay for myself unless youā€™re providing Universal Basic NCFOM.

j/k

I wonā€™t let the $4 stop me.

1 Like

This is burn-tested aid. Youā€™re just cashing out a piggy bank of dunks to cash investments.

If I try to stop myself, Iā€™ll still end up here.

Preemptive note: Carlaā€™s mom is the same woman who just had to get off the bus in Speed

Speaking of Speed: I just told Iris the other day that I got gum on my seat, gum.

She was a bit perplexed.

My favorite theater experience ever was me and my buddy roping our other friend into going to see a midnight showing of Magnolia when he had no idea what it was.

ā€œI have to get up early.ā€
ā€œItā€™s a short movie bro.ā€

When it started raining frogs 3+ hours later and he was bewildered at everything that had transpired it was glorious.

1 Like

She is!!! Haha every character she plays is horrid or pitiful. Iā€™m guessing sheā€™s delightful IRL.

waves gum in their face

Narrator: There was no gum on his seat, or anywhere

1 Like
2 Likes

I hate this movie. Maybe one day Iā€™ll try rewatching it.

Coen brothers are super hit and miss for me. Big Lebowski has never been a favorite of mine but I loved Fargo and Burn After Reading. Very polarizing director team for me.

And if you are a Coen bros enthusiast, here was Ebertā€™s review of a Chinese remake of Blood Simple, directed by the famous Chinese director of Raise the Red Lantern, Hero, and House of Flying Daggers.

Itā€™s perhaps telling that Ebert thought the movie was shit, whereas in Armond Whiteā€™s review of True Grit, he lavished praise upon the remake.

When did you last try watching it?

Are you a fan of Cormac McCarthyā€™s books?

Seen it once within a year of it coming out.

A bit embarrassed to say Iā€™m not much of a reader. I do like me Harry Potter though! Thatā€™s kind of the same thing right?

LOL

The movie might simply not be to your taste, but if itā€™s been that long since you saw it, you should definitely try it out again with us tonight. I didnā€™t understand the appeal the first time I saw it, but now itā€™s my third favorite of all time.