Moved Thread - The liberals here

Not even one person here said the insult/attack was justified?

No idea why vic is so butthurt about that post.

1 Like

The post is gone so maybe you didn’t see it. It was offensive and unnecessary.

Either way no need to keep this fight going. It’s been dealt with.

Pretty sure that was a joke.

1 Like

Oh my bad. sarcasm is dead I guess. Lol

It really feels that way sometimes.

Damn you reality for being so unreal!

1 Like

you’re a liar

nah. I’m really not:

This wasn’t even a potshot, it was a direct reply and attack at me and how I post a lot in the mental health thread. You also recently referred to me as trying to cast myself as some kind of “mental health guru” which again is a direct reference to something personal on the website.

I don’t know if it is actionable on me and I’ll gladly eat a ban for this, but you are the liar.

5 Likes

He could be referring to your blog thread and not the mental health one, so he can rest his claim on a technicality, but it’s still an inappropriate line for him to take.

he explicitly stated he does not read my blog:

I do not want to cause any drama. But I will not ignore being called a liar about something that is so easily proven to be truth.

1 Like

Jmakin demonstrated that he wasn’t lying.

I’m not banning anyone else today for anything.

I’m not going to review all of your posts, but do you think you post more than the average poster about mental health in the parts of the forum that are not your blog or the mental health thread or can another poster only discern your interest in the area from your posting in those threads?

My main point is that I suspect someone can form an opinion that you care about the topic of mental health without going into the two threads where you talk about it the most. I’m sure you mention it a decent amount in talking about dealing with COVID. Part of your forum persona is someone with a justifiable concern that other posters may try to weaponize mental health concerns against you because it’s been done before.

I’m guessing that threads dealing with COVID and health care are among the threads that you are most likely to post about mental health and also the threads that watevs is most likely to pay close attention to. That makes me sad, because his pressing this point means that he either doesn’t understand the importance of this topic and why it should be one where discussion should be more protected on this forum or it means he knows exactly what he is doing and he’s lashing out in a way that is intended to cause emotional pain. And he just seems too smart to be the former.

And to be clear, I get why he is angry. You made a bad assumption and you shouldn’t have, but being mistaken isn’t the same as being a willful liar. That doesn’t justify his response, but I also don’t think it means he should be cut off from expressing anger. If he goes a bit too far, then simply flagging and hiding the post seems like the fair moderation, It’s only when it goes way too far or goes on for too long that it should require a firmer mod hand.

that’s a very charitable interpretation of his posting and I appreciate you typing that out, but I feel it just adds more to his unfair characterization that I cast myself as some sort of mental health guru. I advocate strongly for mental health. I probably have done so outside of the mental health thread where appropriate.

Sorry if I am prolonging this derail/discussion but I’m showing an unbelievable amount of restraint right now and I am going to just let this go.

2 Likes

As a mod, I left the liar accusation up to be met and addressed, and hid the more indisputable personal attack. I can end it here, but I think whatevs should be met with further action if he wants to keep up his crusade.

1 Like

Honestly I just ignore him so don’t care that much but this is yet another use of the special UP “2,500 strikes and you are out” rule which only applies to watevs. He has the longest leash on this site by orders of magnitude.

If he was even one degree right of center he would have been perma banned a year ago.

My post there “I’m not banning anyone else today” was because I was very frustrated and didn’t know what to do. I wanted to ban watevs for what he said to you, but for no reason and with him not participating here and him having said nothing about you, you had to remind everyone here for the hundredth time that you think watevs is the worst poster in the world.

Now watevs is a problem and maybe he is headed for a perma. I wouldn’t defend him. I probably won’t vote in it if it comes up. He seems not to care about the forum at all. He doesn’t generally even respond to people trying to help. But, to some degree he’s the monster that his critics created.

He lied about my past posting and called me a scumbag in a post like 5 posts up that got hidden.

This:

came before this:

“a badge of honor hearing this from the guy who tells immigration activists that they don’t actually care about kids in cages, scumbag”

That’s what I was saying.

He was responding to you.

Oh fair enough.

2 Likes

Ok, thanks for understanding. Not saying your post was horrible. Just provocative.

1 Like