Moderators

Yeah I know there not Mods, but out of respect I always put those two in any important manoeuvres :face_with_monocle:

I knew that was coming, your Canadian, too polite…

1 Like

We haven’t had much in the way of moderation needs, even on busy days.

1 Like

Hey @anon46587892, @Smacc_25 was wondering if it might be time to introduce a new mod.

2 Likes

No surprise - I think a new mod would be good just for the sake of moddom being less of a permanent office.

1 Like

True…:ok_hand:

2 Likes

Conceded. But bottom line, this is something where the consequences aren’t exactly dire if we elect to be reactive instead of proactive. I’m certainly open to adding someone, but my inclination is to do so in response to demonstrated need rather than anticipated need.

I think the current mods should quit.

3 Likes

lol what the fuck

I think the current mods should step down and new mods should take their place. I think this should be a community owned and run site and people should be rotating through positions of responsibility.

5 Likes

I agree but what if they refuse to quit?

guillotine.gif

2 Likes

I say we fire all moderators and appoint replacements completely at random. They’ll step up to the challenge, and if they don’t we’ll reassign their modship

3 Likes

Can you explain your reasoning here?

I get why one might take personal pride in being a mod and not want to be replaced, but what would it matter if another, or 50, posters were wandering around the forum with those badges besides their name? Especially now. None of you are really performing any modish duties very often if ever anyway, right?

I think the mods are doing a great job and see no reason to shake things up just for the sake of it, especially given the drama around mod actions in the past being the primary reason for solid posters leaving the site.

Seconded. Our mods mostly stay out of the way and do a great job. Even when we shit all over them when drama breaks out.

1 Like

It’s not a vote of no confidence - it’s about rotating responsibility for the site.

3 Likes

Yes. I would prefer it were all ad hoc and voluntary and that some of the mods agreed with me that them being mods-for-life is not what we should have here.

But I’m pretty used to most people not agreeing with me.

1 Like

I didn’t say I’d stop complaining about it.

1 Like

Generally, this place has been asking for minimal moderation, and adding additional mods is how more moderating gets done.

1 Like