Moderators

I don’t know that this is true. Especially here. If mods are"trained" and understand that this is a community run board and that their primary responsibility is to maintain the community’s rules/interests/decisions/standards (and not their own idea of what is/is not acceptable and what this board should be) any number of mods at any time would seem to be ok.

There have been and continue to be other opportunities for taking on some responsibility for the site.

I also am a proponent of community modding. Which seems to have two aspects:

1. Modding per community standards (not personal standards)

2. Having many different people be mods (perhaps on a rotating basis)

Of course, it is a challenge to implement #2.

The current mods are great and have done a great job. So thinking about #2 should not be considered a poor reflection on them.

It could be argued that adding/rotating mods (in the interests of community modding) is best done on forums for which there is very little moderation required.

1 Like

Why?

I don’t want to be a mod, but I would like my name to be green again. Can we make that happen? kthxbye.

2 Likes

Fucking Awesome.

1 Like

Can my name be like a deep british racing green? Thanks in advance

1 Like

I’d like my name to automatically change colours depending on my mood - please can this be done? TIA

2 Likes

I want my name to blink and move around on the screen.

2 Likes

also play some MIDI tune when it’s on screen

1 Like

That’s clever. What colour am I now?

ETA happy as default white

I self voted. I just want to make banners.

2 Likes

Just be a mod dammit. A real mod. You’re a real mod.

2 Likes

Real mods get to make jokes too, microbet!!!

1 Like

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (AOC)

Today I am endorsing @RiskyFlush for moderator. In the end, we must come together to defeat Donald Trump. We should do so knowing he is a symptom of a larger problem - and our greatest hope is a multiracial, working class movement in the United States of America. https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1185640849054556160/video/1

9:36 PM - 28 Mar 2020

9 Likes

Every time he tells a joke that misses, his nose grows.

3 Likes

There hasn’t been a second act like this since Pat Morita in Karate Kid.

3 Likes

I would only ban someone if they didn’t laugh at my jokes.

2 Likes

WAAF

5 Likes