Moderation

This right here is why Nunnehi is different. It’s not the behavior itself it’s the consistency, volume, and complete lack of anything that remotely counterbalances it. The Covid stuff is fine, but we have several posters significantly better at that than Nunnehi.

I know that most of the people who agree with me are butt hurt about the endless personal attacks he launches, and I agree with them about that… but I’m butt hurt about the fact that he just straight up makes the forum worse every time someone reads one of his posts, gets irate about it, and I end up having to find out what Nunnehi thinks about something against my will from context.

I’ve done exactly what you’re all telling cuse to do and put Nunn on ignore. It barely helped. Am I a less valuable member of the forum than him? Why should my experience be negatively impacted so that he can force his narcissism (which is really triggering for me actually) down our collective throats?

We have someone INCREDIBLY toxic to interact with in our midst. So toxic that the advice of that persons enablers is to simply avoid interacting with them. Because every interaction anyone on the board has with him inevitably turns toxic and massively derails a thread. The only argument for keeping him is an argument for keeping absolutely everyone.

Bad poker analogy incoming: I think it’s fine to fold 72o even on the button. We aren’t making a huge statement about who we are as people if we limit how much damage Nunn can do to the discourse happening on this site. We’re just folding the worst possible hand. It’s not a slippery slope, it’s an indication that we take this place seriously and have expectations of each other. The slippery slope that we’ve now rolled to the bottom of is not doing anything ever. The top of that slope was when we collectively decided to let NBZ post stuff that could probably get us all on an FBI watchlist if Trump gets reelected. I was pretty lukewarm about that one because on the one hand I didn’t entirely disagree with him, but on the other hand I don’t want to be on a watchlist.

The only valid reason I’m hearing from any of you are defending nunn is that you feel that this place would be harmed by the precedent being set that you can get banned for outright bad posting. Almost no one has even considered defending any Nunn content (and he’s been with us for YEARS) except for some stat stuff in the Covid thread. Imagine thinking that a forum with this much stats talent, we have a guy active in this thread who if I remember correctly makes north of a MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR doing econ analysis, needed to tolerate this much added toxicity for… even more stats content.

3 Likes

Apple
Orange

Here’s an example.

I say something.

Cuse misrepresents it over a year ago.

I tell him he’s misrepresenting it at the time. I put out the fire.

Two months later, he tells me the position I never held is my position. I put out the fire again.

4 months later same thing.

6 months later same thing.

And here we are again with the exact same thing he’s bringing up from a year ago that was just as much a lie then as a lie now leading to further character assassination because most of these people weren’t posting here then who are now being influenced by this ‘old’ attempted character assassination.

How many times do I have correct the record? If I correct the record, people get mad at me. If I stop, you get this thread. Everything he’s doing is based on lies about positions he said I held that he’s trying to convince others who were not there that I held when I absolutely did not. What’s winning?

A couple of kids saying that about you isn’t even worthy of a response. If Cuse were over in a corner spreading rumors about me that weren’t true, I wouldn’t care. When he does it after every single post I made to try to discredit me with others, yeah. And I know you would too.

7 Likes

It truly is amazing the s*** that pours out of boredsocial’s keyboard. The lack of self-awareness is astounding.

1 Like

I just ignored nun again

I think anyone that wants a better experience. Just do that. His walls of text are just overwhelming.

1 Like

There’s a lot here, but briefly…

Of course you’re not of less value to the forum than him - these are subjective measures - and that’s a pretty bad and thoroughly conservative way to look at a community.

If your forum experience is being negatively impacted by nunnehi despite having him on ignore, it’s because other people want to respond to him. Your assumption that your right to a certain level of forum experience outweighs another poster’s rights to reply to him is also a very bad take, and whiffs of the narcissism you accuse him of.

1 Like

I’m not really sure the answer to this and it is one of my biggest problems as well.

But it certainly seems the community by a majority decision has decided that what nunn has done is fine and doesn’t actually need any action. I suppose we have to accept that but it is a little confusing to me. A functioning community should not allow one person to run roughshod over it or over a subset of it especially not for a year+. And yet, the very same people who are virtue signaling about bullying, and all the rest of the pro-nunn arguments very much seem to essentially be giving approval to the behavior. He is still allowed to spew the same dishonest rhetoric post after post now just like he always was. The fact the literal receipts that disprove his entire thesis were posted and most of us have lived through this whole nonsense doesn’t matter. I literally posted 100 posts with tons of evidence pointing out how nunn has been repeatedly abusive and I was called a bully. Not just by one person.

I hope I have that wrong but I am not going to lose any sleep over it either.

4 Likes

How many people are ignoring him? How many people have to flag a post for it to get acted on? I haven’t intentionally read a Nunn post since last year sometime. I also never flag posts really unless they are WAY over the line.

Seriously though I want to know what % of this forum has personally banned Nunn. That’s the stat we should really be talking about, and probably being ignored by 50%+ of the site is probably a pretty good indication that you should be on the road to eating a ban.

1 Like

You realize most of us NEVER flag or report posts. I never have once for example. I posted a list of posts made in the last month by him that are personal attacks yesterday so this is just gaslighting nonsense man.

4 Likes

It might depend on trust levels but my understanding is one user flagging a post notifies all of the mods.

You should start, but don’t start by machinegunning your way through nunn’s posts in the bailout thread or something because that’ll just piss the mods off.

2 Likes

You think I should flag every nun post that isn’t appropriate? Why would I put the mods through that. I guess I assumed we were all adults here and part of the whole community mod thing was that we were all going to look out for each others best interests and try and eliminate bad and abusive posting within the actual walls of the public forum.

Obviously the results of the poll have told me otherwise.

3 Likes

Yeah… they just communicated that that’s how they want to be notified that we don’t consider a post to be OK. I suspect Nunn is going to get reported a LOT now. I’d almost consider unignoring him, never responding to him, and snap flagging every single personal attack he makes.

1 Like

If none of his posts over the last several days have been flagged then that tells me the flagging system here is a complete failure. There’s been multiple direct personal attacks posted.

5 Likes

Also for me being a toxic abuser or whatever complete bullshit nunn is spewing I don’t believe I have ever had a post reported here? I mean maybe it happened and I didn’t notice it but I certainly don’t remember it.

He does this in the only threads I actually want to read because of the content, so there’s no easy way to get around it. The goal is silencing me or to poison me with other posters. You don’t know me from a hole in the wall, but you’re already defending the other side of it whether you intend to or not. People who barely started posting here are taking what others say about past history from the posters they like now, even though that history is a lie and these supposed good posters need to be exposed. That’s pretty bad stuff.

I have left the site before and could easily do so again without missing posting at all. It’s absolutely ridiculous that they’re trying to run me out of town over the bailout thread when you see the full context of how it got from point A to Z. I’m not ‘ruining’ any threads but that one by telling people to actually use a moral compass when making Ivory Tower type statements borne out of the extreme privilege many of the posters here have. That didn’t happen overnight in that thread. It took weeks. Talking about moral compasses is a bridge too far here, because these people genuinely think they are good people. I don’t.

You understand that is the exact reason for this chain of posts right? To bring it to mod attention? Dozens of posts were quoted and the response is to…do nothing. So why in the world would I think reporting posts matter?

1 Like

Can I make it clear that I haven’t and don’t regard you as a bully?

1 Like

There have been multiple direct personal attacks made in THE LAST TWO HOURS.

Can you tell us why you’re so against the idea of getting rid of nunn? Do you like his posting and think it’s a good addition to the board? I’d like to understand where you’re coming from. From where I’m sitting you’re distinctly pretzel shaped. I don’t bend myself into a pretzel for fun so I assume you have a reason.

1 Like

Thank you. Even though we may not agree on this I do think you were here posting in good faith and I appreciate that.

2 Likes