Moderation

Anachronistic was a basic ass centrist, he just sucked.

3 Likes

Yes I am difficult but I donā€™t routinely derail entire threads or make them unreadable. I am good at censoring myself.

Have you ever thought maybe some of the people that he attacks to the very core of their being are fragile also? Like cuse and I have literally been open about struggles with things this year. I donā€™t really understand how the main culprit engaging in this behavior is somehow the victim. Sure I have said some harsh things to him but do you think I treat everyone like that? Maybe on extreme occasions but not normally. Neither does cuse. Neither does anyone else really that I know of.

The community is great because we can all get along even if we disagree. There are very few feuds here even if sometimes there is contentious debate that crosses the line. But if that happens in EVERY interaction that entire dynamic breaks down. Nun is causing that to happen exponentially more than every other poster. That is why people are pissed off.

3 Likes

Ok, nunn should knock it off, but really the big difference is that nunn has a lot of people who are attacking him and looking to ban/moderate/contain him and the best defense he gets is something like ā€œsome of his posts are goodā€ or ā€œletā€™s be sensitive. heā€™s fragileā€.

Of course Iā€™d be bothered if there were a lot of people circling around you, but we both know thatā€™s not going to happen. You have been abused by nunn (so have I), but 99% of the people here are absolutely cool with you. Itā€™s a big difference.

I guess Iā€™m just into flag raisingā€¦

• It would be nice if chats about moderation (in general) & grammar =happened in different threads= than chats about (who to) moderate and how bad/problem they personally are.
  • Naw, that should all be in the same thread, even though the bad/problem chatting always overwhelms the in general & grammar chat.
  • STFU Bastard !!!1!

0 voters

But, again, make a thread and put up a poll. If you havenā€™t rallied enough people around to the containment cause yet, maybe itā€™s just not going to happen and this thread will have run its course.

53% of the people who saw the pole and voted said that, letā€™s not turn that into a mandate.

1 Like

Iā€™m sure you would agree that nunn getā€™s treated how he does because of his own behavior right? I mean it isnā€™t like half the forum has a private chat where we decided who to pick on for fun or something. That seems to get lost in this entire conversation. We have a poster who has been so abusive and tiresome that the majority of the forum donā€™t like him and most of the rest say they just ignore him and we should also. That doesnā€™t make him a victim when his posting isnā€™t treated with kid gloves after the 1000th iteration of his nonsense.

then he died on the way to his home planet where they resurrected him

he was a totally different beast than whatā€™s being discussed

1 Like

In addition to being an Anarchist in the ā€œno rulersā€ sense, Iā€™m also good with chaos. Sabo for mod. If someone wants to herd us cats and move posts around into different threads, I donā€™t really care as long as itā€™s easy enough to follow the links. But, if I have a reply to a post, Iā€™m not going to go ā€œhold up, letā€™s go over to the appropriate threadā€ every time it happens.

53% of people say he has made their forum experience worse in the last 2 months. If we put up that poll about you it would be 0%. Those results are extremely bad even though like you said it isnā€™t a ā€œmandateā€. It is 18 people who have voted for that so it also blows nunā€™s whole ā€œa handful of people are picking on meā€ nonsense out of the water.

And this forum only has like 50 active posters. So that poll represents a pretty large percentage of them.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve had about 4 posts in the last 2 months so I would hope it is fairly low. My point is that putting up a pole about a bad poster in the moderation thread isnā€™t going to get a lot of coverage with the population at large and can be considered self-selecting.

3 Likes

Yeah. So? So what if heā€™s not the victim? Heā€™s an abusive, thin-skinned guy who makes incredibly long, boring posts.

Another quality internet metaphor enters!

I voted worse, but changed it. It may be wrong, but I canā€™t say that about AOC.

LOL. Ok fine, I see your point. Here letā€™s try this again:

Should nunnehi be contained in a containment thread?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Nice try at playing the liberal. I thought you might sneak in ā€œhow are we going to pay for it?ā€

I didnā€™t say ā€œwe should have the mods enforce a rule thatā€¦ā€. I said ā€œit would be niceā€¦ā€.

ETA Beach Boysā€¦

1 Like

This question is really hard to answer. Why not just directly vote on whether or not to contain Nunnehi? And make it its own thread, imo.

Canā€™t we just rename this thread for a bit? I will edit the poll with your suggested change. I would rather keep this where it was discussed so people who have been spared the agony of this thread know wtf is happening.