LC Thread 2020: What the PUNK? ROCK.

I use the YT channel Boring Books for Bedtime.

Because nothing will put you to sleep better than somebody reading the 1897 Sears Roebuck Catalog in an ASMR voice.

1 Like

Spa music station from Sirius or IHeartRadio works for me. Also, the Calm or other meditation apps have bedtime stories. They seem to work by describing fairly meaningless or inoffensive scenes in great detail, maybe to distract your brain from the anxiety/insomnia spiral.

A few nights ago NOVA had an episode on CRISPR and it was pretty jarring. Like, I watched it 6 days ago and still can’t stop thinking about it.

They made a sincere attempt to examine the ethical issues that arise when you’re editing human genes and/or human germ lines, but the scientists/bioethicists/etc that they were interviewing came across as either supervillain evil or super naive. Honestly the whole thing felt like an effective sci fi movie.

I’ll add it to the growing grab bag of things, one of which will end our species within a few hundred years.

1 Like

In a fluke incident, my phone fell between my frame and the wall.

Given how everything’s set up, I’d basically have to tear the place apart to get it and I don’t have the tools or knowledge to fuck with furniture that isn’t mine. I bet landlords hate being contacted about this shit.

Normally, I’d say that it was a good thing since I think I’m too hooked on my phone but I got important shit on there.

1 Like

Frame for what? I guess you can’t send a pic without your phone.

Wichita thinks nunnehi should be contained. Seems a bit extreme to me. What do you think? Vote over here:

To be clear it isn’t remotely close to just me who suggested it in that thread. I am just the one that made the poll because I am tired of debating whether or not allowing a consistently abusive poster to keep it up indefinitely is a good idea.

1 Like

MSPaint, ldo

1 Like

Bed frame?

I know it’s not MSPaint, but anytime anyone brings that up it makes me think of this

And it makes me laugh, literally every time, for years and years now.

9 Likes

It’s caught between the wall and the frame of the lathe.

3 Likes

Classic!

1 Like

I love T.J. Cookier

3 Likes

There’s a storage compartment underneath by bed that’s about 3 feet tall. My mattress sits on the roof of it with a frame on the side. It’s in the corner of the bed and

Fuck it, I’ll MS Paint it

Your first thought is, pull it outward and turn but this thing is heavy af. Probably fuck up the floor doing that. I also wouldn’t know exactly where to grab without ripping a part off even if I didn’t care about the floor.

4 Likes

You can’t crawl in that storage space and get to it?

Seems like a bad idea for this to be built-in and have a gap like that. Assuming you can’t just move this whole cabinet/bed frame and there’s no access from inside of it to your phone…maybe construct a device out of wire hangers or long thin sticks to retrieve it?

Maybe…

Two long thin poles attached to a long piece of cloth. lay the cloth horizontally along the frame and push an edge of it down the gap, leaving the back edge always on top of the frame. Guiding the cloth with the poles try to scoop up the phone.

Could it just be knocked over to the side if you had a stick to do it? (maybe a yardstick)

Nope. It’s basically a big container under there with walls on all sides.

Possibly. There’s literally just enough room for a smartphone to fit inbetween the two. I can’t even see exactly where it is though I suspect it’s wedged at some point between the walls given the shitty construction rather than on the ground. Buying and tying some coat hangers together might work. It’ll certainly be an adventure.

If I can find exactly where the phone is and a cloth thin enough to get through the crack while being strong enough to carry the phone, this could work.

That’s the most confusing MS Paint I’ve ever seen.

Ok I think I got it. Good luck.

2 Likes

It’s not underneath it. If it was, I’d just pick it up because it’s wood under there.

1 Like

$_57

One time while borrowing a friends car I dropped a weed vape cartridge down his air vent (at the end of the cartridge if you warm it up you can get more hits out of it) and this is how I ended up getting it out

maybe you could blast it out with compressed air?

1 Like