Moderation

And this forum only has like 50 active posters. So that poll represents a pretty large percentage of them.

2 Likes

I’ve had about 4 posts in the last 2 months so I would hope it is fairly low. My point is that putting up a pole about a bad poster in the moderation thread isn’t going to get a lot of coverage with the population at large and can be considered self-selecting.

3 Likes

Yeah. So? So what if he’s not the victim? He’s an abusive, thin-skinned guy who makes incredibly long, boring posts.

Another quality internet metaphor enters!

I voted worse, but changed it. It may be wrong, but I can’t say that about AOC.

LOL. Ok fine, I see your point. Here let’s try this again:

Should nunnehi be contained in a containment thread?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Nice try at playing the liberal. I thought you might sneak in “how are we going to pay for it?”

I didn’t say “we should have the mods enforce a rule that…”. I said “it would be nice…”.

ETA Beach Boys…

1 Like

This question is really hard to answer. Why not just directly vote on whether or not to contain Nunnehi? And make it its own thread, imo.

Can’t we just rename this thread for a bit? I will edit the poll with your suggested change. I would rather keep this where it was discussed so people who have been spared the agony of this thread know wtf is happening.

I wasn’t kidding or being critical and I don’t think mods shuffling posts around is really the same thing as enforcing a rule. It’s just housekeeping and I’m not against it.

1 Like

Sounds good.

ZZ not going to like that!

1 Like

I actually thought this was a grammar discussion thread until yesterday when I saw the number of new posts and looked at the title more closely. Before I saw it, I thought “wait a minute, there’s no way that thread has 140 new posts unless someone’s being a pissant” and here we are.

4 Likes

Maybe we should place a banner ad for it with Googlazon Ad Services.

4 Likes

Some of us care way more about actually being good people than we do about what we appear to be. Substance > appearances my dude.

1 Like

This is a really bad reason to put the onus on others.

There’s a reason that’s the best defense he gets.

1 Like

True. And it seems what we are is supporters of running amok in a forum @-ing one poster repeatedly, then asking for his containment when we don’t get a satisfactory response.

1 Like

I voted yes but I have no issue with his posting on SDI or generally in the COVID thread. I think he should be contained to that and a containment thread, but his posting in the COVID thread should not be allowed to be the bailout thread stuff.

I also don’t know if this poll will get enough eyeballs without its own thread.

I changed the title and cassette I believe is linking to the poll from the highest trafficked threads so I’m guessing most everyone who cares will know this is happening.

1 Like

You should change your vote to no, then. This is a poll on whether he should be limited to a containment thread.

1 Like