Moderation

You’re wrong about me calling to ban him though, right? I pretty much never call for people to be banned and that’s kind of important to me. There might have been an exception or two in the last 15 years, but I doubt nunn is one of them.

1 Like

My post here may be the meanest post toward nunn so far in this thread, but pretty much, yeah.

2 Likes

No I’m not, I addressed the topic - I don’t think I’d call any of it bullying, but if we are I’d like to know why he skates every time in the eyes of the community, but we get called out.

I don’t think the bullied can bully the bully. Regardless, the reason he has himself is his own actions and reactions. I’ve reached out to him privately at numerous times to attempt to be kind and show empathy and to separate that from our disagreements on politics. In return I’m called a monster, so it is what it is at this point.

And this is the whole deal. He can’t handle anyone disagreeing with him or challenging his record or his opinions so his reaction is always the same.

1 Like

So instead of asking us to treat a grown man like a toddler, maybe require the grown man to stop going around throwing tantrums, kicking shins, stomping on the floor and demanding he get his way.

1 Like

I remember nun flipped out on me on the old old site when I suggested he post less to prevent people from hating on him, it’s too bad he’s infected Cuse with the same disease.

2 Likes

Ok you didn’t call for banning but…

In things never change we have:

In totally normal behavior we have:

Well ldo:

Yup:

Another Micro used to see the light:

And again:

And again:

So uh ya. Those of you castigating us might want to back off the whole poor nun he was bullied bullshit. Especially because you were making the exact same complaints over a year ago.

Keep in mind that those posts were only a small sampling of a 24 hour insult spree more than a year ago. He still does that routinely. The fact some of you still stick up for him and root for him to be allowed to continue unfettered is insanity.

2 Likes

Grunch. I don’t really know who is in the right or wrong here because I can’t be arsed reading through it all and I don’t tend to read threads which get bogged down in arguments that go on forever. However I will say that any thread which is totally dominated by only a few posters arguing amongst themselves is a dead boring one. Particularly if the same thing is just repeated ad nauseam. Personal insults being flung just increases the tedium. I understand the nature of politics is debate but there is a difference between debate and ego driven arguments where neither side is willing to let go.

18 Likes

So I argued with him. I remember that. And now I haven’t interacted with him for quite a while.
You’ve been having the same argument with him for more than a year and you’re criticizing my line?

I do like my line there about watching Maddow twice.

6 Likes

I’m saying damn near every reg here has receipts saying the same shit to him. It isn’t bullying. Read through his posts and tell me the way he was treating a wide range of people here is acceptable. If it is then you can’t be mad when Cuse or Bored or I or like 80% of the forum is an ass to him. You can’t have it both ways by accepting his behavior and telling us that we need to just deal with it and simultaneously tell us we need to moderate our behavior. He is literally doing the Trump projection thing to all of us by accusing an awful lot of people on this forum of doing what he is doing.

A lot of you gave up dealing with the real culprit here and I’m not exactly sure why? How pointless it is? A desire for civility? His behavior is still just as horrible as when you were calling for possible mod action and mocking him yourself. Your solution is to blame the few people patient enough to still call him out for what he is and on his poor behavior.

That being said I think you are a good poster and your Exiled posting was fairly civil and spot on. The response you got? Was that warranted? There seems to be this movement to worry about poor nun’s feelings when he has, by far, said the most brutal and insulting things to posters over a long time period, 5000 posts and two forums. The receipts are super easy to find because there are so many of them.

2 Likes

I laughed at that back then, and I laughed at it tonight. It got an LOLOL.

1 Like

Translated that for you.

1 Like

I’m not mad at any of you.

1 Like

I don’t think my post implied at all that there are very fine people on each side. I insulted both sides equally.

3 Likes

Now that’s insulting. Of course I’m a good poster.

1 Like

I’m not mad at any of you either but this isn’t a “both sides” kind of argument. There is an actual historical record of what happened and it is very clear. If what people want is for nun to be left alone and anyone who responds to him to just take the name calling with no pushback then that isn’t really what I thought this place is but I will accept it.

2 Likes

I like his posting in the coronavirus thread.

3 Likes

“There are equally bad people on both sides,” then. Same difference.

Either way, it’s a terrible take and the fact that you would have that take after admitting you’ve read ~none of it is just pointless and lazy. Like we get it, most people don’t want to be bothered with any of this. So don’t.

But you’ve got one poster who’s gotten into it with tons of regs ranging from the biggest assholes to the most agreeable posters, he’s consistently and provably wrong AND condescending AND hurls personal character insults while lying about his track record.

This is not a both sides situation.

1 Like

His only good posting is the SDI stuff, although it’s all veiled in 1,000 word essays. IMO that should be allowed (and anything in that thread except discussion on political strategy with regard to stimulus and aid) and everything else should be contained.

Everyone claims to have him on ignore anyway, so why not contain him?

I’ve made this comment directly to him as well. He is capable of good content at times. That isn’t, and has never been the issue though.