Moderation

I’m not talking about well-named’s private Stormfront playground that currently exists, I’m talking about the old very much unmoderated PU.

Maybe I’m paranoid, but I still think it’s likely they’ll try to hijack this place. And I’m not super optimistic that there’s any collective will to stop them.

It’s not paranoia if everybody really is out to get you.

1 Like

I think the hearts system helps here.

Even if you are getting a tough response. The hearts tell you whether other people quietly agree. In which case you keep going. Otherwise you stop.

1 Like

I just want to make sure if anyone is permabanned here they can’t come back as someone else. It is one of the most ridiculous things about 22.

If there is a reason for a person to come back they can come back under their banned name or not at all.

Why don’t we have a bad posters thread like in SE? That way we can call people out for bad posting that isn’t quite ban worthy and won’t interfere with actual discussions.

2 Likes

Do not like. It’s one thing to talk about a poster if a problem is coming up, but a thread like that ratchets up the animosity.

3 Likes

We can have a policy about it but as far as I know there aren’t any foolproof technical ways to ensure that it doesn’t happen.

It’s scheduled for Sunday. If you want it early you can return my bonesaw as discussed.

1 Like

Agree. I only like those threads when they are tongue in cheek and is really just everyone busting each other’s balls. There’s no way to have that as a thread though without it quickly going sour.

Downvoted

It’s difficult to have a discussion about a bad poster in public without it turning into a bandwagon hate fest which just balkanizes both sides. 22 was great at it… Keeping community involvement constructive by limiting piling on and personal attacks will help but we’re fortunate to not have a lot of dicks posting here (present poster excluded, IMHO, that’s what she said).

1 Like

side eye

The whole thing just gets ratcheted up when it stops being about someone posting nonsense on an insignificant internet message board and turns into someone is attacking their pride and joy.

How are you guys able to see how many posters are ignoring someone?

Gregorio is an admin and has super powers.

I heard a rumor that if you donate to Bernie, he will grant you temporary admin powers. $1 = 1second as a superuser. $20 is $20, and I can do a lot in 20 seconds.

2 Likes

What are thoughts on a Block function? Like on Twitter, it puts the user on ignore but would also prevent them from seeing and replying to the person who put them on ignore.

1 Like

Containment threads come with an implication that their behavior is conditionally acceptable.

I don’t like that.

1 Like

This would greatly improve things. Lets the community discourage bad posting without making threads unreadable or requiring mod intervention.