Moderation

Sort of, except most of us didn’t think the poster was a problem.

Good points

I also sort of don’t like that the software displays all posts by ignored posters as the same “hidden post.” There are a few people who I keep on ignore, but every now and then I’m interested in their takes if they’re posting on a certain topic. At present, I’m unaware of a way to distinguish one ignored post from another.

This is exactly how I end up reading every anachronistic post I ever read :joy:. We really should just ban him and be done with it.

2 Likes

You left off my first line about our current mods following/reflecting community viewpoints. I imagine that the current group of mods have ways of taking the temperature of the community regarding problem posters (imo there’s just one at the present time) and will likely not ban anyone without some sort of consensus.

(edit: I think there’s a thread talking about this, i’ll xpost and delete)

Ultimately idgaf but if I had to gaf I’d say I’m far more worried you’re allowed to post offensively stupid shit on the reg unsanctioned.

I had the 2nd most posts in Pv7 and the end of Unchained. Imagine if instead of having pity on you and your brain worm, I decided to be offended by you constantly calling it a st0rmfront nazi forum. What would that look like?

Also, and this is the absolute best part, they “slithered into a position of authority” because you wanted it! Specifically you complained the most about wanting mods for Unchained, thus, Chez et al and Pv7. You’ve retconned the entire affair and it’s amazing.

Then we rerun @cassette’s vote and win approval to get tougher.

Mods need to be allowed to exercise power in emergency situations that require immediate action.

We have entrusted these people with the power because we trust them to use it in the best interest of the forum. I think they should be allowed to exercise it certain situations (e.g. obvious spammers, previously banned members etc) without our consent.

1 Like

Learn to multiquote please

I don’t know that we’ve had obvious spammers, but I would not be the slightest bit surprised or concerned if mods or admins have banned accounts like LittleBluePillToday4Less without even mentioning it.

You weren’t banned…

I would hope that they would do that but as we’ve seen people have a problem with mods/admins acting without consent of the member base.

Mods exist to make choices on how to run a forum in everybody’s best interests so we don’t have to stress out about it ourselves. Too often we bind people to goofy policies that prevent them from exercising their best judgment in an efficient fashion. If I didn’t trust the current crew to do that, I would be opposed to allowing them greater autonomy.

No one forces you to vote in bannings if that’s the system either. So, you can still just sit back and trust without getting stressed out.

One thing I really like about this forum is that it is self policing. If I am wrong in my take I post a huge percentage of the time people tell me that. Sometimes I argue, sometimes I agree. Most times it at least makes me analyze my position more which is a good thing.

A truely bad poster gets run out of here pretty fast and I don’t think that is a bad thing.

7 Likes

Truth. More often than not, I slink away from a discussion if somebody counters me with an argument that’s solid. Gives me something to think about.

1 Like

I believe dunks > mods. I guess it doesn’t necessarily work for pure trolls but anyone with the remotest amount of shame, having 5 people in a row tell you how dumb you are has to slow you up a little.

3 Likes

If dunks are really greater than mods then PU wouldn’t have turned into Stormfront.

2 Likes

Trolls don’t give a shit about being dunked on. Actually, it’s what they want. The fact that they posted something that took 5 seconds to type while replies took actual time and effort to craft means that they got what they wanted. All they do is respond with something like “no u” and ignore everything afterwards knowing that you wasted time you’ll never get back to respond to some anonymous asshole who gives zero shits about anything you post.

1 Like

the downside of that, is if the 5 people are wrong or it’s a borderline type of discussion, then people with defensible opinions that are debatable will just remain silent. I typically don’t voice my opinion on a lot of issues because I don’t want to deal with the hive mind.

it’s not good for healthy discussion.

2 Likes

You can’t really dunk on the PU nazis though because the trash mod there will ban you

2 Likes

Sorta feel like a few of us dunked on geewhysee while posting about dunking.