Moderation

I don’t. Honestly I don’t agree with a single word in this post. I think we see things very very differently.

1 Like

Then you haven’t been paying attention, because many others have commented about it.

Telling me that I don’t understand lol. Hard to see why you identify with Nunn.

Misunderstanding and making it personal - not hard to see why you identify with cuerounder.

Read it again ffs. I said maybe you haven’t seen the sort of posts I’m talking about, not that you don’t understand what I’m saying.

How about @anon38180840 takes the personal attacks down a notch and we all move on? I wish he would put nun on ignore as well, but it doesn’t look like that will happen.

1 Like

The first time we had a bunch of arguments over Dems responses to Russia/Mueller, I specifically repeatedly pointed out to you that I didn’t think you were a bad person or dislike you. I offered to buy you a beer if we were ever in the same town during any of my travels. I spoke to you thereafter, via PM and publicly, about other issues and discussed them in good faith. I have reached out to you via PM to check on you w/ the pandemic and recession before this latest thing got really heated.

This is ridiculous. Myself, boredsocial and WichitaDM all went back and forth with DrModern. He argued it in good faith and so did we, no name calling, nothing. That was that. DrModern did not deny facts or anything of that nature. Nobody ripped anybody. You’re not being ripped by people because we disagree with you about the bailout. You’re being ripped for never owning up to your past record of wrongness.

Also nobody is calling you a monster, gross, grotesque, etc… and you’re doing that to ~everyone arguing the issue with you, regardless of how politely they argue or how much they’re arguing in good faith.

2 Likes

One person has ignored one person. The other keeps ranting at the other (I’m assuming, since he’s ignored, but I keep seeing ‘View 1 Hidden Reply’ or ‘View 3 Hidden Replies’ after every post I make).

If there’s anything I wish people would get it’s that Cuse is responsible for how a lot of people here feel about me. B.S., I wouldn’t want to live in any world where I think any of his posting is okay. I think he’s an actual bad guy who is blind to who he is. Since he already hates me and thinks I think this of him, I’ll just go ahead and say it because, why not?

I have a very low tolerance for bulls*** and if any person’s posting is full of that, we’re going to have a problem. All of B.S.'s posts are full of that. I also have a very low tolerance for lying, distortion, and misrepresentation. Again, avoid those things, and we’ll get along great. People hate me because I won’t roll over when someone lies about my character. Sowwy.

Let’s discuss my personal attacks. For the most part my personal attacks consist of some form of “LOL nunnehi you’re always wrong about everything and never admit it here’s another example.”

I’ve called him narcissistic/arrogant/condescending and things like that, but like my “personal attacks” have basically been on his track record and his refusal to acknowledge it all while talking down to others.

Meanwhile I’m being called a monster, gross, grotesque, etc by him. I’m being told I want to see suffering and death, blood is on my hands, I have no empathy for other people (that’s basically calling me a sociopath btw), etc, etc.

Which set of “personal attacks” is more severe?

As far as I’m concerned some people would rather blame me and require me to tone it down because they know nunnehi is incapable. That’s kind of ridiculous and unfair. Don’t coddle someone for being 100% intransigent.

2 Likes

I think it’s more a lot of people have him on ignore and you not on ignore.

5 Likes

Dude, just put him on ignore. Your replies that he doesn’t see aren’t saving the world. It’s a little disturbing that you won’t let this go.

1 Like

This is okay, but if I call him a narcissist or dunk on him it’s beyond the pale? Gimme a break.

I have repeatedly said this is not the case.

This is Trumpian level bullshit right here. This guy’s been wrong about damn near everything for MONTHS, hell, YEARS, and he has never admitted it and says it’s intolerable bullshit if anyone points it out. It’s lying, distortion, and misrepresentation. It’s projection from nunn, 100%.

I doubt anyone believes this. Hi nunnehi.

There are like ~100 people who are lurkers or rare posters reading nunn’s nonsense with no pushback beyond 2-3 of us, and these people are getting 500-1000 word essays about how the establishment will save the day, Mitch McConnell can be responsible and reasonable and Dems cannot, etc, etc… No push back on that means minds may be swayed, votes may be swayed, they may go convince others.

Nunn is very good at coming off as reasonable and fair-minded even while spewing absurdly wrong shit, so I don’t think letting it go unchallenged is a good idea. So here we are.

I don’t think I’m saving the world, but I don’t intend to let him win over a few undecided minds without any pushback. My belief the last couple years is that we should be pushing back on all sorts of wrongness swiftly and firmly, because when you sweep it under the rug and let it fester, bad things can happen. Look around in the world - most of this bullshit we’re dealing with in American politics has been swept under the rug in some form or fashion for 20-60 years. Now it’s kicking our ass.

1 Like

I’d like to see some examples of another poster who has the volume of words and posts nun does who has been as constantly disruptive. He is at war with a good % of the forum and other than a few people the rest of the forum’s advice is basically that they ignore him and the people arguing with him should ignore him. That would be great except almost every thread turns into the same bland walls of text followed by personal insults if anyone actually engages which sucks. I am not saying you are wrong btw, just that I can’t think of anyone in the ballpark. A huge percentage of his posts go ignored with no response and no likes and that is great, but what is the point of that exactly? If anyone actually does engage it turns into a complete shit storm.

Literally the only other ones I can think of are the militant Bernie Bro types and the attacks on Pete (of which I was guilty of while they were on topic until about March 3rd). Those posts are contained in the appropriate threads not spewed all over every interaction with those posters.

I do get and agree with your point about “quality control” from mods being a bad thing. I don’t think anyone is calling for banning him. I never have. I have asked on occasion to make him his own thread so that people who want his analysis and level of discourse can get it. It is obvious that most people here don’t like it, although some seem to. Having a high volume poster that most people are forced to just ignore is not exactly ideal.

2 Likes

I would be shocked if > 5 lurkers are reading more than an occasional nunn essay. If you really believe what you just wrote, then go spend that energy in Trump facebook comment sections or something. Think about the scale of your impact.

3 Likes

If this is really true then what is the point of allowing it to infest the entire forum?

1 Like

I started scrolling past nunnehi’s walls of texts probably over a year ago, on the advice I ignore him after a few spats.

Now sometimes I read them and kind of just chuckle and move on.

1 Like

0% chance of convincing a Trump FB comment section. I think we have a fair number of lurkers here, aren’t there like 75-100? I assume they are more persuadable than a Trump FB comment section.

Nah. Most of those are dormant accounts.

It isn’t a (forum) crime to be wrong. We should treat each other like human beings. Being a dick is way worse than being wrong and writing long posts.

2 Likes

He is also abusive.

2 Likes