Moderation

A separate thread for arthouse/prestige movies or shows seems reasonable to me.

2 Likes

We have the megathreads because no one is leading an extended discussion on anything in particular.

I believe we have enough heavy media consumers that we should try out a few dedicated threads.

As long as you understand that by ā€œhave enough,ā€ I mean three or four of us.

Matt could run a watchalong thread for The Boys. He doesnā€™t even have to watch a new episode every week. Just whenever he watches one, post about it. Or collect pictures and reviews and articles and whatever. I think it would grow fast.

And similarly if you did one for one of your favorite shows.

I could run one for a prestige show or picking apart every Chris Nolan movie. But Iā€™d probably just watch Fawlty Towers and expect everyone to join in.

If you build it, they will come.

2 Likes

I think weā€™re established enough that it could work and people really do like talking about telly.

1 Like

What show shall launch this venture? :popcorn:

Would follow a Fawly Towers thread.

2 Likes

I feel like Fawlty Towers is a good contender. Yes Minister/Yes Prime Minister would be quite apt also.

I love the Royle Family so may do that one. Not sure how much interest there would be but itā€™s a top quality show.

Arghhh this is tough, but I think the one Iā€™d REALLY like for us to watch is The Vicar of Dibley.

Father Ted!

1 Like

Father Ted is absolute gold.

1 Like

I would also be heavily inclined to attend any random viewing of Great British Baking Show. I donā€™t care which episode. Letā€™s ogle the food and talk about which meals look and sound delicious, which judges we disagree with, what we might have done differently (if you are French and thus qualified to speak on cuisine and cooking). Perhaps we can request an occasional appearance by @Soulman.

Does this speak to maybe a new sub?

Politics and News
Entertainment (movies, music, tv, etc)
Sports and Games
Offtopics/Sundry (everything not listed above)

I donā€™t know if this is a simple thing or has any downside (cost?) Iā€™m ignorant to but it seems more logical and orderly if the seeming appetite is there for whatā€™s being bandied about.

4 Likes

Bandy it about, and they will come.

1 Like

I think an entertainment sub would be great and people could make threads about individual shows so when I watch them I can go and read the discussion instead of having to scroll through the mega Netflix thread

3 Likes

I wish the watch party thread was broken up. There are things I havenā€™t been able to watch with everyone where I would like to go back at some point and read comments if I eventually watch it.

3 Likes

My objection is my reading ability, my bad

Ban.

https://mobile.twitter.com/frankieboyle/status/1021769204402409472

Explain yourself or eat a 24-hour temp-bam

My ex made me watch cooking shows. Iā€™ve been indelibly scarred since.

I mean, Iā€™m not saying youā€™re a bad person. Maybe a little misguided.

1 Like