Moderation

I’m reminded of one of my favorite passages from Marcus Aurelius’s Meditations.

“When you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: The people I deal with today
will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous and surly. They are like
this because they cannot tell good from evil. But I have seen the beauty of good,
and the ugliness of evil, and have recognized that the wrongdoer has a nature
related to my own - not of the same blood or birth, but the same mind, and
possessing a share of the divine. And so none of them can hurt me. No one can
implicate me in ugliness. Nor can I feel angry at my relative, or hate him. We were
born to work together like feet, hands and eyes, like the two rows of teeth, upper
and lower. To obstruct each other is unnatural. To feel anger at someone, to turn
your back on him: these are obstructions.”

5 Likes

Cuse you gotta stop caring about what random people on the internet think about you especially ones you have beef with

8 Likes

That’s not the point of doing it.

Dude, I’ve repeatedly said I know there is not a winning position available.

Because, as I’ve said, I’m willing to be and look like an asshole to stand up against certain things, among them: stupidity, lying, all of the isms, general over the line asshole behavior.

I don’t, that’s kind of the point of what I just posted.

Good night.

1 Like

I must admit I was a bit surprised at Sub’s post, wasn’t too surprised by Churchills post, as he’s been taking/giving a few since day 5?/10? In the Covid-19 threads & I suppose not surprised that @anon38180840 came by.

Sometimes my family just hates my cooking and I just step out the kitchen, sure it’s no fun being that guy, but it is what it is, luckily there are great cooks in there.

Fuck I’m stoned :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Munchies are required bbs… :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Boy I must have been high on something. Good job, really owned me good there on my misremembering which olive branch I offered.

X1,000

1 Like

And we’ve done around the loop again.

By your own admission what you’re doing makes you look bad and isn’t effective for the stated task.

Good meeting.

1 Like

Now you’ve got me wondering if Chapelle was making a specific meta-reference to this very passage at the end of his most recent SNL monologue.

Oh, man, believe me, believe me, I know how that feels. Everyone knows how that feels. But here’s the difference between me and you. You guys hate each other for that. And I don’t hate anybody. I just hate that feeling. That’s what I fight through. That’s what I suggest you fight through. You got to find a way to live your life. You got to find a way to forgive each other. You got to find a way to find joy in your existence in spite of that feeling.

1 Like

You seem to be misunderstanding the various goals of the stated task.

Cuse, you managed to take a position where you’re clearly in the right (church’s post was disgusting and using personal information shared here to shame people should be considered a higher offense than general insults) and got the conversation about yourself. Just drop it and focus on what’s more important.

On that note, can we discuss just the mechanism of hidden posts? What good does it do? If i flag a post, is because I want to notify a mod about it. Not because i want to add an additional click for other posters to go through.

Have you achieved any of them?

How do I sign up for one of these cliques jal keeps talking about?

5 Likes

Wrongo! I got Inso banned for at least a little while before it got reversed.

1 Like

I also think insulting the moderation without simultaneously offering to become a mod should be an insta temp-ban.

We have a couple mods that are worse than Trump when it comes to giving up the office

I will be a mod and give up my position in a timely manner.

2 Likes

you’re a one-man show, boss. most valuable poster lately in my book

1 Like

Yeah that wasn’t my goal, I’m not good at not taking the bait though.

This is a really good point, too. I feel like it’s been discussed before, but we’ve never come to a resolution.

Monday, 2pm, discord, So how do we get into this game on a profession level? - #324 by boredsocial

We’re starting a new one!

1 Like