Moderation

That’s all fine, but he was mildly insulted first and retaliated a bit snarkily and if it had been anyone else no one would have commented.

If people can’t be bothered or don’t want to read a longish post, it’s back to the whole ignore/scroll suggestion again.

1 Like

Here’s the thing. There is a very big difference in between being critical of someones ideas and resorting to ad hominem attacks every time anything is challenged. Unless I missed it spidercrab did not personally insult nunn although he was critical of nunn’s analysis.

It seems like a lot of people have had the same concerns as spidercrab, myself included, and have been avoiding saying it because of the certain result of being insulted and starting an argument.

That’s the problem with the dynamic imo. If one poster makes it so unpleasant to actually debate them then months of SDI posts can be made that are never challenged and then that idea, which may or may not be valid, is accepted as fact by most.

2 Likes

He took a shot at his giant posts.

Its mild but that is how things start up. Neither of the posts were that out of line.

1 Like

You can be a major prick without explicitly tossing around insults. I’ve made an art form of it on boards where I’m close to a ban. It’s tone - it’s condescension.

1 Like

There are posters with a much worse tone.

1 Like

That seems factual rather than an ad hominem attack? I mean nunn’s post is mild by nunn’s standards I will give you that. That isn’t saying much though.

1 Like

If we are going to start banning condescension. I have a list!!

2 Likes

tldr

8 Likes

circle

2 Likes

Its a poke.

As far as him personal insulting. Since he has come back he has been good. Accept that one thread where things got heated as far as i know.

He has been good? He has insulted people in every thread he has participated in including the Covid thread. I don’t really get why you seem happy to ignore that. Has he been slightly better? Sure. I will give you that. But his baseline was personal attacks every post. We are down to only some of the time now. Progress.

Can you quote something, since he has come back, outside of the thread which got this going again.

He called cuse and I humorless goons in the Covid thread Sunday night which is what set this whole thing off. He called several of us immoral grotesque monsters in this thread amongst about a dozen other things. That’s just in the last 5 days…

I already compiled the bailout thread ad hominem attacks. They are spoilered upthread.

1 Like

Right that was the dust up. You say he cant post without insulting so im asking you to show stuff, before, the latest dust up since he has been back.

Outside of this since he has been back his posts had no insults afaik. But i could of missed stuff.

Feel free to take your own advice and ignore me.

So you want some examples besides the Covid thread, the bailout thread and this thread? Lol what is the point? You are going to handwave it away no matter what is posted.

2 Likes

Kermit drugs 3

The point is since he has been back outside of this latest back and forth his posting has not had insults. Meaning for months there were no issues.

Calling posts “giant” is really not an insult. If someone is offended by their posts being called “giant” then they might consider writing more succinctly. They might also consider whether they are self-conscious about the length of their posts relative to the quality of the content provided.

It also appears that nunnehi has two standards of condescension: what qualifies as such when directed at him and what qualifies as such when directed at others by him. They differ wildly.

2 Likes

It was a shot at his posting. Your walls of text won’t convince me otherwise.

3 Likes