Moderation

I made a post with a fake warning flag that got 140 bites so it’s a safe bet that everybody reads them.

2 Likes

Radical sabbatical

27 Likes

Quote my posts showing a double standard.

What a day to come back lol. And wb btw.

3 Likes

The receipts on the abusive posting are here in the thread. Personally I never said anything should happen about the content of his posting and don’t think that is a reason to contain/ban anyone as long as it is in good faith which a decent chunk of his posting is.

I don’t like the consistent personal insults. If you are fine with it that’s fine but in no way shape or form am I ashamed for calling out posting like that as innappropriate.

We had no problem with each other the first month he was back btw. Mostly because he wasn’t doing that.

1 Like

I don’t want to drag you in the middle of this but you posted some interesting stuff in the fun poster data stuff. If it’s not too much to ask is it possible that you can post statistics how many characters cuserounder and nunnehi post (excluding quotes) and how many are directed at each other? I’m curious about that.

I don’t know what you’re talking about. I’ve quote-replied to numerous posts of yours in this thread, and I’ve explained this two or three times now. If you disagree with something or want more clarification on something, perhaps explain what issue you’re taking with my explanations.

I don’t necessarily want his posts hidden, I want his points refuted. I feel like flagging them for insults to hide the content is a disingenuous use of the software. I also know that flagging the posts doesn’t really hide them, ~everyone clicks on them and reads them anyway.

Apparently we’re going to have to start flagging a bunch of stuff and annoying the mods, when the real issue IMO isn’t his insults so much as his overall posting style, refusal to acknowledge receipts showing that he’s wrong, and general tone.

I don’t see the mods saying they are annoyed by flagged posts. That’s just a hazard of the job.

1 Like

Also, I think it’s impossible to flag a post once it’s been flagged twice and hidden. As a result, there’s no difference if two people find something objectionable or 50 people. In reality, there should be.

In addition, if 40 of the most active regs are ignoring nunn, most of his insults will go unnoticed.

I don’t remember the specifics, but back when I was a mod, a looootttt of people had nunn on ignore. I think like 3x+ more than anyone else. That should be as indicative of a problem as someone getting posts flagged.

2 Likes

Lol yes i could do that but it wouldnt be til tomorrow probably

1 Like

I give up…

Good luck in getting you safe space from his posts with his containment.

Not in the current discussion, but in the past it’s been brought up and I know what it felt like when I was modding to see that notification of another flagged post.

I don’t want safe space from his posts. I’d probably end up reading his containment thread some, perhaps responding some. His posting frequently leads to derails and makes good threads unreadable. That’s the exact reason he should be contained.

Excuse me while I make a bunch of short posts to pull down my average so I don’t cry myself to sleep tomorrow night.

That is a safe space. You want threads to be made safe from his posting.

No, that’s what bans are for. Containment is exactly for posters who have some value but might be problematic if unrestricted.

3 Likes

HI!!! Glad to see you <3 <3 <3

1 Like

If you want to word it that way, sure. But he is exactly the type of poster containment is for. This is a political discussion forum and you cannot discuss politics with him if you disagree without it leading to long derails, insults, and just the complete destruction of threads for days on end. Given that the problem is pretty clearly on his end judging by a ton of posters here having him on ignore and thinking this place is better without him, telling everyone else not to talk to him and to let him do his bad posting in peace is creating a double standard for him that literally nobody else here gets.

I do. You are asking for a safe place well accusing others of asking for one for him.

I’m ok either way. Both of you ignoring each other or both endlessly insulting.

This is the double standard. We’re required to ignore him because he can’t handle being challenged. He wants to ignore us so that he doesn’t have to engage with us because he can’t respond to the receipts and can’t win the debate. As a result, he gets what he wants - spewing his bad posting with minimal/no pushback while only engaging with people who agree with him, thus letting his views go out unchallenged.

I’ll lay off for a week, not respond to him, etc, and just flag his personal insults if I see any, and we’ll see if he gets any real pushback from anyone else (assuming WichitaDM, boredsocial, etc ignore him too). I’m guessing not.

I’m also guessing if/when anyone ever really pushes back on any of his views, regardless of who it is, the same thing plays out.