Moderation

I read through the latest posts of him whining at Wookie and it convinced me to utilize the ignore function. Good god what a creepy whiny little bitch.

1 Like

FYP.

Meh, he seems fine.

Yeah, that works for me, but he seems increasingly like someone who provides no value other than to be a dick in defense of his own creepiness.

1 Like

Tbf to orgies (and I disagree with basically everything he’s said), the issue was basically over until six poured gasoline on the embers for no reason.

Whether or not he created a gimmick to back himself up is another matter.

I agree with this. 6ix seems to always come into every discussion days late to rehash long resolved issues and stir up shit when it was over for a long time.

6ix is a funny fucker.

13 Likes

This flagging system needs to change

What needs to change?

If two people are in an argument one shouldn’t be able to flag your post because they’re mad.

I don’t think you can fix it by code.

Don’t multiple people have to flag a post before anything gets sent to mods and the post gets hidden?

Flagging definitely seems to be overused here.

I mean it’s completely justified in the thread tab is likely referring to on some posts there but in general it is overused.

Some people seem to enjoy flagging posts as a joke, which I can assure you actually isn’t very funny at all to the 6 different people who get a notification about it. It also decreases your flagging mojo because those flags are always ignored.

4 Likes

I agree with this. I have an issue with a couple people being able to censor the forum for arguments or differences of opinion and since flags are not publicly open the regular user base can’t even decide if it is being used without moderator intervention.

I just think it’s implementation is contrary to what the broad majority want here. It is great to quickly get rid of extreme material but it is horrible when used to settle differences of opinion. It has been used much more frequently for the later than the former.

I don’t know what kind of ready controls are available. If we could set the threshold to hide a post to ten or something that would resolve most of my issues with it.

3 Likes

Cant you just hide posts if it gets more than x flags and not notify 6 moderators? Like a reddit downvote or something (im not on reddit a lot so its possible thats not the actual way it works)

I am in favor of turning down the sensitivity. I am also in favor discussing what happens if people abuse the flag system. But it is not urgent and I doubt we will reach any consensus.

I do implore people that if they are flagging out of dislike or anger or longer term issues with a fellow poster if ignoring isn’t a better choice.

Personally I think people should put a post out of user context and judge it solely as if you were a stranger who came across the discussion and knew nothing of people involved. Would you believe it should be hidden?

I don’t think either of those should have been flagged. You should have put them on ignore.

4 and its gone :wink:

I think it matters how you flag it. Yours were ‘Something Else’, as opposed to grue’s ‘Inappropriate’.

Is it helpful to flag the start of a derail as off-topic so that mods can prune a thread and create a new one or do y’all read enough of the major threads and see the need without flagging?