Moderation rules

This really isn’t that fucking complicated.

1 Like

<3

6 Likes

That’s what you effectively said, but you managed to do so while including a mention of what they would be willing to do if he didn’t comply. Which, of course, they wouldn’t do anyway, but that’s neither here nor there.

You seem intent on continuing to dance up to the line, tip toe around it, and see how much you can get away with. I’ve made myself pretty clear, and the next ban will be 48 hours if/when you go over the line.

It’d be great if you’d just dial it back and tone it down.

1 Like

I dialed it back by not saying that I hoped he wouldn’t comply and justify being roughed up.

Threatening posts aren’t allowed. Am I missing some somewhere that weren’t addressed?

What the fuck is with people constantly trying to find ways to wish violence on others aren’t here??? This really is not that fucking complicated.

2 Likes

At this point you’re getting trolled because you’re making it easy lol.

Perhaps, but I would like to think that people here are better than to troll over stuff like this. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Narrator: But they weren’t.

3 Likes

I’d like to introduce you to my friend: The Internet.

2 Likes

Redacted for privacy.

This all boils down to something I said in one of the first of these threads and then Johnny echoed: What does this site want to be?

If it wants to be this collection of people and not much else (obv doubling as the most realistic option), boot nbz. He’s making this hard and made it clear he’s not interested in being a team player.

But, that’s the question: Are we a team? Are we a family? Are we a business looking for new customers? Are we an aspiring political site looking to accept fellow travelers and accept the warts that come with that?

What’s the vision statement boys?

1 Like

It’s a collection of people who ask such questions, get bored quickly, and then go post in the LC threads

6 Likes

I resemble that remark.

4 Likes

I ask the question bc I can’t answer for other people.

I thought it was mainly for us all to chill in wookietopia. zik obv had a different thought (which prompted the move). cuse seems to have a different thought (in terms of real world aspirations) as well.

I guess it’s semantics but people consistently call for the guillotine for different people. I get torn due to the fact I don’t believe in being violent towards people but then again sometimes historically violence has been necessary to create change. Whatever ruling is come to I believe that the president shouldn’t have any extra protection, it should be a blanket rule. That’s just my opinion and I could easily be wrong as I feel quite conflicted about the entire issue, which is why I haven’t spoken very much in this thread.

I do think KONY had a point though that if a mod goes to the community about something, the community decision should be abided by. This isn’t an attack on you as I think modding would be a shitey job and you’re clearly trying to do what you think is right.

We’re a collections of people who all sorta like BSing with each other and talking about politics, but we also all sorta hate each other too. So, a family.

4 Likes

But is that where it ends?

Or is this some nascent stage vis a vis the goal?

In all of these worlds NBZ gets banned.

or are we left-wing 8chan?

This is the only world in which this puerile nonsense gets tolerated.

3 Likes

micro is the weird but lovable uncle

The most concise and apt description I read when this was being discussed on the free forum was something like, “a social club for like-minded folks to discuss politics.” Add a piece about being a news aggregator and you’ve got an accurate description, IMO.

Also IMO, it’s also the most plausible situation for the forum for the foreseeable future. It could grow into something else but not from this shaky of a foundation and not without strong leadership and/or real commitment from whoever wants it to be more.