"Missing" persons and other murder mysteries

So, the police are just treating it like she wandered off a trail or something and if/when they find her body with evidence of foul play they will detain him? Or no?

Pretty much. They cant arrest him for anything. Being the last person to see someone before they disappeared isnt a crime.

I’m sure the cops think he’s guilty as fuck, but they can’t do much without any evidence. Maybe they can detain him? If he’s smart he’ll just keep quiet.

I doubt they can even detain him. They can bring him in for questioning but it seems as though hes determined to not say a word, so not sure what that would do for them.

Theyve got to cover like 8 states of wilderness. Who knows where she could be. Follow the credit card receipts (if they can even get a subpoena for them)

If he did something and was smart he would be in Mexico already imo.

Local TV news in Utah also reported this. Pretty unbelievable amount of coverage.

More about the couple who picked up bf hitchhiking (and also saw the van in that area):

Interestingly enough, the Bakers said they’re also from Florida and live about an hour north of Petito’s home.

Sarah Everard more recently.

This is the end of something. Touch your fear. Don’t be afraid.

Actually if he did something and is really smart, then there should be no need to go Mexico at all.

Sounds like you know.

Ok, Dexter.

BF did it odds are off the board.

3 Likes

Latest news is he was last seen by his parents on Tuesday and they and the police don’t know where he is.

His parents are assisting the police in trying to locate him but still not her.

If he shows up dead too, I’m definitely gonna need to add this show to my queue.

3 Likes

Coverage is pretty crazy here (NYC). Lead story on the local news, and they have a reporter on the scene at Grand Teton National Park.

It seems like he wanted a ride to Jackson, Mississippi from that couple that gave him a ride. They were just a few miles from Jackson Hole and he freaked out they said when he realized they were going there. I don’t know why he would freak out about that but him thinking they were going halfway across the country at mention of Jackson kind of shows his state of mind imo. Seems weird he would think that. Maybe I’m speculating too much.

1 Like

Crazy, the NYC NBC affiliate has a reporter live from Grand Teton NP.