META: About Unstuck splintering into SPE

i feel like i need a better reason to post memes in spe’s memes thread over this site’s memes thread. all things being equal, i’d do it on another site for worthless crypto coins, but rn the reason to build content over there is to like, stick it to a group of posters over here that i don’t have a problem with

so while i like the posters championing spe and wish them well, i kinda hope their project fails because i’d selfishly rather spend my own time checking fewer dumb websites.

10 Likes

SPE doesn’t have a thread with every episode of Magnum PI, ranked

2 Likes

I’ll go to all the websites (prioritizing the one(s) beetlejuice posts at) because I have enough time at my computer to do that and I like lurking lots of content.

At this point I can only go to 2 of the 3 I know about because I got voted out of one. But I wrote a hit play and directed it, so I’m not sweating it either.

4 Likes

No joke, I knew that the whole exile thing was going to work out because beetlejuice came along.

2 Likes

Would have been much easier to just ban the ~10 shit stirrers/trolls/horrible posters on unstuck

3 Likes

Yup.

that’s what I’ve been saying this whole time

Who would you have decide on who gets banned?

Do you think it would have been fair to have a vote on a mod explicitly running on the promise of banning trouble makers?

Fair to have the vote, sure. However, mod election votes like that should not supersede community-wide votes on rules. So it would not be fair to the community to follow through on that “campaign promise” when a rule against unilateral permanent bans has been passed by community-wide vote.

wat

Can you cite this?

Conversations should be two-way.

Which site has the best chance of posting awarding worthless crypto coins?

:vince1:

Yeah, which crapto thread will be craptoier?

3 Likes

Your argument is predicated on a rule existing by community vote. That rule does not exist.

I voted for a mod running on exactly that platform. It was meb. Jal voted for him too.

That ended with an admin defacing the site and effectively overturning the mods mandate as voted on by the site. I don’t remember you giving a shit at all about that though for some reason

Thanks for the laugh though.

“Why tell the truth when you can just lie,” noted ethics professor ParlaySlow ponders.

3 Likes

I take that to mean you would leave it to individual moderators to decide who gets banned. Would only mods that ran on that position explicitly be allowed to perm-ban members or would it be a general thing where any elected mod could decide who to ban?

“After all, we all know they’re lying because they’re liars,” he concludes.