META: About Unstuck splintering into SPE

Who? Oh wait, you mean the people who self-banned and anonymized their accounts so there was no record of them ever having posted here.

what?! this is in the OP.

Imo it’s OK if SPE doesn’t want to have an about moderation forum. But it doesn’t seem fair for them to put their about moderation forum on UP.

5 Likes

I would agree. The link to the new site is provided, would be good form to just leave it at that.

1 Like

This describes yours, cuse’s and potato’s modding. Banning people is a threat of eviction carried out with a sample of how it will feel.

This is like when 2p2 got rid of ATF and everybody lived happily ever after.

2 Likes

Ok, I’ll do it.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, so many accounts have been anon’d and outright deleted (by people on both ‘sides’) that even if you wanted to it’d be nearly impossible to piece together some things. I know you had a different reason for saying “no way I’m doing that” but there’s this other monkey wrench in the potential plan already.

1 Like

Meanwhile:

This is also not a forum whose purpose is to trash, troll, or disrupt Unstuck.

But keep on lying about people’s motives. It’s a great example of why people are tired of this shit.

No, it’s just a forum with identical topics who is poaching 100% of its users from UP already limited crowd. Can we have a discussion by adults for adults? Funny how Zikzak got it but apparently i’m “lying about motives”. No, they would have written a post here inviting everyone to “trash troll and disrupt unstuck”.

God, I hope you are acting and this isn’t real. Both would suck, but at least one makes sense.

I’m not saying that is the intention in creating this thread, but that is what it has turned into. I’m recommending that if people want to discuss the internal politics of SPE (or NMNM for that matter) that they do so elsewhere. A good chunk of this forum doesn’t even like discussing the internal politics of this site.

1 Like

Yes, it obviously is kinder not to invite someone to a party than to invite them and kick them out.

2 Likes

Am I going to be able to get an SPE t-shirt to go with my UP shirt?

(I hope the new site goes well, and I really do hope there actually won’t be any (er, maybe “too much” is more realistic) inter-forum wars :stuck_out_tongue:)

1 Like

Yeah most bars I’ve been to have a strict no-bad-words policy.

5 Likes

There won’t be much inter-forum warring because the admins have chosen to let this place die. There may be lip service to keeping it open, but the choice was already made. The forum software hasn’t been updated in well over a year. I can only assume the server is equally unmaintained, and any slim chance that somebody would step in to take care of those things just evaporated.

1 Like

Anybody else remember when SPE members had avatars gloating about the fact that posters from UP weren’t invited to join?

1 Like

Wasn’t this an intentional choice to not break gregorio’s customizations?

I have no idea what that means. I assume it’s something about how you hate jal? Fair enough. I’m still sad you guys decided to kill UP because almost full control wasn’t enough.

1 Like

Dude, if this is all about you not being invited you could have just been a lot friendlier and less-biased a long time ago. You need to take a good look at yourself.

1 Like

I’m sure that was part of it, but that’s not a good reason to ignore 18 months of security updates. If olink has in fact been keeping the server itself up to date then he has my apologies for implying otherwise, but if he hasn’t I don’t fault him for it because I also refused to do the job.