META: About Unstuck splintering into SPE

Meanwhile, jal’s in here re-re-re-re-nursing his grudge about how people who have had a fancy meal out are grotesque from three years ago, and how real liberals can’t talk about how best to save their money for retirement. The NomNom crew has adopted the Karl Rove playbook entry of refusing to call their forum enemies by their own names. And, of course, there are the aforementioned off-site threats. You want to talk about power struggles, but you conspicuously left out that one.

3 Likes

I thought we weren’t supposed to talk about that.

1 Like

What’s the problem with Jal having an opinion about money usage? I disagree with it and enjoy fancy meals. But why does it bother you that he has an opinion on it? How does it relate to having a new community identical to this one only with permabans rights to a selected few who now owns it?

Lol k

Can we just drop the pretense and blatant dishonesty? Jal’s objection isn’t to wookie’s budgeting ffs.

here

2 Likes

looking forward to hearing what NotNotBruceZ has to say

9 Likes

So we’re saying the same thing. The sole purpose of the new site is that “we” (aka - the selected few new owners of SPE) get final and only saying in who to permaban.

I said the same thing for years. You guys always fought back on that point.

3 Likes

Would it more fair if SPE was invite only?

2 Likes

It’s not simply about people having fancy meals, but then you know this because we’ve had this same conversation before.

When you write in one thread to impress on people how much you really do care about the plight of the homeless and poor, while at the same time in other threads are eulogising and showing receipts for vastly ostentatious consumption and pumping money into companies that go a long way to create and exacerbate these problems, you should expect to have the values you espouse questioned, don’t you think?

So damn true.

It’s not about fair.

NMNM was created so some people can have an online place to talk to their permabanned friends and cannot by design replace UP.

SPE was created so some people have complete control on permabanning whoever they want and is designed to replace UP.

I don’t get why we have to be blatantly dishonest about the goals.

3 Likes

Oh right, the better solution is to just give anyone free rein to harass and or threaten other users until they leave in frustration or fear. Or to just make an invite-only forum, because never letting someone post in the first place is totes more respectable than banning them after they post badly.

1 Like

This is absolute horseshit and you know it.

Seem pretty similar to me. UP wasnt meeting the wants of some members of the community so they are spending time in forums that aree more in line with their needs. Seems all good to me. I wish NMNM was lurkable, but I understand why it isnt.

I thought this community was pretty good tbh. It’s a shame you dislike it. You are saying a community can only exist if 5 specific people are the sole owners, judges and executioners. I disagree. Don’t think my take is super scorching hot.

1 Like

Who’s permabanned from UP who didn’t voluntarily request the ban? You guys over there shooting the shit with Inso0 and tbab?

Who? Oh wait, you mean the people who self-banned and anonymized their accounts so there was no record of them ever having posted here.

what?! this is in the OP.

Imo it’s OK if SPE doesn’t want to have an about moderation forum. But it doesn’t seem fair for them to put their about moderation forum on UP.

5 Likes