Magic: The Gathering or MTG or MTGA aka MTG Arena

9 in a row, let’s gooooo!

2 Likes

I’ve had some consistency issues with it and haven’t done so well vs gruul. Seems like they generally could get cleave off before I could ultimatum. The last build I used was the shark/ugin one though, haven’t used the adventure creature package in a while.

Borrower bounce and two brontodons have been getting it done for me versus cleave. It’s still tough though. Dumb card.

Win one and lose one, down 33 ranks to #99, lol.

Paying with or against rogues is a truly miserable experience

3 Likes

Playing against Scute Swarm tilts the hell out of me. It feels like, unless I specifically have a Massacre Wurm, the game just quickly becomes unwinnable. I guess the other solution is that red card that can do 1 or 2 damage to every creature, and - same as Massacre Wurm - that only works if the person hasn’t had the chance to mutate the card yet. It feels like there are far too few ways to effectively counter that card before the game suddenly gets out of control.

Daddy Ugin will do the trick

ugin, storms wrath

I suppose the Realm-Cloaked Giant can wipe the board too.

Yeah, most meta decks have a good counter. Extinction event, going faster, counter spells, going over the top

It’s definitely can seem like a frustrating card since you know how you’re going to lose turns before you actually do.

I’ll shut up soon, but this is fun. Playing a fringe deck like Temur makes people play a lot worse. They often don’t have a good plan and make their deck worse after boarding.

2 Likes

Mass buyouts up and down Magic these past two months, in line with other collectibles and pokemon etc. All the older players are freaking out and professional traders have swooped on the game like hawks.

Most of the reserve list has gone insane. Revised is the latest target, which is funny - it has mass nostalgia driving collectors but also has a huuuge print run. Wheel is now being recognized as one of the greatest cards of all time.

Interesting. I get it. I’m nostalgic for those cards I grew up with too. It’s a shame it’s so wild though. Normal people will never get to play paper legacy or vintage.

I’m excited for Kaldheim, especially for Standard. I’m not sure limited looks all that interesting, but it will be nice to be done with Zendikar Rising finally.

1 Like

But they will get to play Revised 40, the hot new Old School format :slight_smile:

My best moment of zendikar just happened right and the end. I’m winning until opponent casts ashaya as an 8/8 making everything a land. I play journey to oblivion and just as I realise in despair that it doesn’t target lands oppo concedes.

1 Like

I topped out at #16 on the constructed ladder. Been playing core 2021 for a while but any format where Dub is good is a garbage format. Bring on the snow lands!

Grinded to #878 on the standard ladder just in time with… Temur Ultimatum. Yeah the adventure creature package is just far superior to other versions. With Kaldheim you don’t get much to add for your actual deck (just some extra duals and sideboard cards) but right now the meta is yorion piles so its easy to go over the top. Standard’s been fun but am happy to switch to drafting for a while.

1 Like

Did you double-check your rank this morning? I dropped 300 spots overnight!

LOL yes and I actually needed to. I was #1216 with 3 hours left. Luckily just had to play 1 match, opponent was on mono-green and just had no chance. Somehow that win put me into the #680ish range.