Magic: The Gathering or MTG or MTGA aka MTG Arena

Have two u/w decks for tomorrow, a standard control, and a god-pharaoh’s gift. Rocking three Authority of the Consuls main in each since the bo1 meta is so ridiculously over-aggro. Both decks are a bit weak vs sultai, but I’m just not seeing it too much in the bo1 ladder games despite it being the most popular deck in bo3.

1 Like

I’ve been jamming this guy in >50% of my drafts and consistently dropping him on turn 5. Seems good. Anyone else?

Not sure where else to put this but this thread is a must read. Read it privately because you might start crying lol.

https://mobile.twitter.com/saysthefox/status/1337598289080770561

Wouldn’t say I got wrecked in the open (had a winning record overall) but no day2 after several tries. Went 3-4 vs goblins overall despite hate overpacking against it. Muxus needs a ban.

1 Like

I thought we were supposed to have Cube today?

That whole deck is a joke, literally just twiddle thumbs until you play muxus and then you win, I used to play goblins in legacy a long time ago and it was my favorite deck but this iteration sucks.

Fuck Muxus
Fuck sultai and it’s growth spirals and uros and hydroid Krasis, fuck all that shit

I think they fucked up and it’s tomorrow

1 Like

Also cube is life. For those of you new to magic, getting into cube is both the long term cheapest option in paper, and is the most fun way to play the game (perhaps excluding commander if you’re into that)

Unfortunately not the cheapest online, but if you’re into it, both Arena (Arena Cube last 5 years worth of cards) and MTGO (Vintage cube, everything from Black Lotus to Skyclave Apparition) will be up this month

Cube is draft right?

Yeah you make packs out of a curated pool of say 600 cards. Best game in the world iyam

1 Like

oh its up now on arena actually

Cube is a lot of fun. So many powerful cards in play.

I haven’t played the last year of sets so it’s really overwhelming. A lot of fun though.

Having fun getting my ass handed to me in Cube. Good times.

1 Like

Folio of fancies confirmed busted in cube

Pick all the lands pack 1 and 2 then just take the strongest cards of any colour in pack 3 and hope for golos or niv seems to work out more often than it should. I guess newbies think why would anyone take lands when there’s so many awesome cards to pick from.

I’ve had quite the hot streak playing Temur ramp on the Standard ladder the last few days. 17 and 3. Smashing mono green, mono red, gruul, rakdos graveyard, slight favorite against Yorion, running hot in the mirror (and people play bad), and doing well to dodge rogues for some reason.

wow thats sick, nice job, what list are you using? I’ve seen a lot of different ones for temur ramp

1 Like

Here it is. Not sure why no one plays this. It’s a bit tough to play, maybe that’s why? The only bad matchup is rogues.

2 Likes

Actually white weenie and r/w seem tough too, but I don’t see them much.