Magic: The Gathering or MTG or MTGA aka MTG Arena

Y’all are talking about drafting zen right? Not kaldehar

Yep.

Not to be argumentative, but picking Deadly Alliance over Roost of Drakes in that situation is absolutely insane. I’ve agreed with the rest of your posts besides that.

In general I believe the idea of worrying about what signals you’re sending to be negative EV when choosing between two picks of different power levels. And deadly alliance/roost aren’t even in the same stratosphere

Maybe I was a bit hyperbolic because you can’t trust people to draft properly and I’ve seen some insane wheels. But if you offered me a Guarantee that I’d be the only red black drafter and the other way you guaranteed at least one other kicker person I’d be willing to sacrifice a decent amount of power p1p1.

1 Like

I just went 0-3 in a draft with 2 roosts… so I guess I’m pretty good.

2 Likes

do yall usually play the premier or the standard version?

also when drafting does it count towards you opening packs for wildcards?

fuck uro man, still ruining historic IMO.

also Mazemind time is busted, change my mind

Premier because it’s human drafters. Or do you mean traditional? I do bo1 (premier) just to get more variety. I don’t care about min-maxing, if I did I would play traditional. If you’re very good at draft traditional will have worse opponents on average, but if you’re newer, they will be better. Day 1 GP might be a good litmus if you ever played paper tournaments.

1 Like

Yeah Uro will eat a ban soon. Card should be eliminated from non-cube or vintage magic, just like Oko

1 Like

I kind of hate this game. Can’t believe I got sucked in again. I wish arena had tournaments.

It doesn’t have swiss tournaments, but there are tournaments. Opens about once a month, and if you top 1200 mythic in either limited or constructed you can play a qualifier for a big tournament.

SCG is having tournaments every week online but you have to qualify for them in satellites i believe, i think you can sign up for the tournaments on mtgmelee. You have to direct challenge your opponent every round but I’ve seen streamers do them and it seems fine enough.

2 Likes

Open this weekend

4000 Gems WTFFFFFFFFFFF

only $20

Unless you’re a degen like myself and keep re-entering :(

bit more than 20, closer to 25 but yea lol

well gems are discounted at the degen level (20k for $100)

1 Like

FNM on arena today is Historic all Access, you can play any deck like you own the cards. Pretty cool.

How should I go about making a historic deck? I’m pretty overwhelmed with options. I want to try and play The Arena events.

Check out MTGgoldfish.com decks → metagame for historic.

Once you get a handle on it you can start experimenting.

1 Like