Magic: The Gathering or MTG or MTGA aka MTG Arena

Yeah you play tutorial and do the challenges. You can skip it in the menu if you want since you know the game. You’ll get cards through packs like paper, but you dont trade, only open packs. It’s very very similar to Hearthstone. Gold is f2p currency, gems are cash equivalent.

If you want to be f2p you can grind the quests then you can buy packs from the store, or you can draft (my favorite).

1 Like

Type in the codes in here in the store. You can do the same for newer sets too. (It’s always PlayX)

1 Like

Thanks! I assume I should start off with the cheaper draft? Quick Draft Zendikar? I’m completing the color challenges right now.

damn thanks for posting this! I had done this for Ravnica and Allegiance but then left the game and never remembered it, Just got 21 packs.

In addition to those listed in the article:

PlayM21
PlayIkoria
PlayZendikar

2 Likes

Yeah quick draft is cool. You draft against bots without a timer, then you play humans. I recommend having a spreadsheet of pick orders or something to start when you’re first learning, just google one for whichever set you’re drafting.

1 Like

TryKaladesh for a pack

1 Like

that shits not working LIAR

https://www.reddit.com/r/MagicArena/comments/jonufl

Haven’t tried it yet but got it from this :thinking:

lol yea i was messing with ya but yea i guess it might not work until the set is live? people on reddit said it wasn’t working yet

1 Like

Any tips on Quick Draft compositions? I’ve been grinding it out but only seem to get 1-3 wins each.

Drafting is hard. Usually you want to stick to 2 colors, 23 spells, 17 lands. Bombs > Removal > Evasive Creatures. It’s hard to give general advice beyond that. If you really want to spend time, watching drafters on Twitch (e.g. BenS) or listening to podcasts (like Limited Resources) are effective ways to get better.

1 Like

Appreciate it. For building my first “competitive” deck is there a good resource to use based on which cards I have unlocked? I’ve saved all of my mythic wildcards

I haven’t used any resource like that, but I know they exist. I usually Magic: the Gathering Standard Decks and Metagame for looking at what decks are popular.

1 Like

same, just look at those and import some and see how many wildcards you need to complete.

1 Like

I finally had my first decent 6 win draft as a red white warrior with Maul. I’m getting better now that I read up on BRED. I crafted a dimir control deck and won 9 straight last night. I’m bronze though so that’s probably not that great. I ended up buying the 20k gems deal and spent 6k of it on Thrones and Zan packs. I guess I should just keep grinding standard ranked and quick drafts for more xp?

1 Like

yup, drafting in general is better than buying packs. Doing the quests is the best way to earn gold, once you get to about 2-3 wins a day, there’s a lot of diminishing returns.

1 Like

Boom! 7-0 draft with a green white kicker / token deck. Feels good!

2 Likes

I wish there was a hearthstone thread with this many posts

Likely to try to get into this game if the cost is low.

I’ve been playing a little lately. I really hate tribal sets though, so current drafts are not really my thing.