Louis Cyphre's Walrus

I see that you (and hokie) said you were in before I closed signups. That means you’re in and the total is possibly up to 17 now.

I would like to strongly encourage anyone who wasn’t submitted any songs yet to at least send me their selections for the first 2 categories.

On it

1 Like

Thanks! Hope you like them

For the road trip song I imagined many hours into the drive alone and a little stir crazy and went with a song-a-long.

Hey, no worries–looking at the categories I don’t have much that jumps out at me. I may chime in during the reveal but will bow out of the running for this one–you’ve already got a lot to listen to. I look forward to everyone else’s submissions!

2 Likes

I went for pretty much the opposite - something rhythmically hypnotic to zone out to.

1st rule of a road song is it can not put you to sleep.

I am still waiting for entries from @ChrisV and @Pauwl. Depending on when I get them I aim to have the first reveal on Monday or Tuesday night.

I noticed that many of you did something I didn’t do when I submitted my songs for ChrisV. While I only sent him the bare link to the song, many took the time to write a few lines for each song. If there are no objections I would like to add them to my write-ups.

5 Likes

Entry Sent

I owe you one more entry. I haven’t forgotten.

Where are you from? I’m interested to know what country doesn’t have road trip songs.

The #1 country in the world.

1 Like

Hey, I’m on the road and won’t be able to put an entry together for another 24-36 hrs. Happy for you to go ahead without me if that’s too long.

We can do a little pre Walrus if people are getting antsy; I was going to submit this for category 4 (song with a folk, traditional or ethnic music element)

But I couldn’t find something that was shorter than 16 minutes from this session. A shorter version of it is in the intro of the movie The Reluctant Fundamentalist (mediocre), but it’s mixed with sounds from the movie so I just went with an even dumber choice.

Singapore?

You and your best buddy are going to drive across the country. He asks you to make a playlist or two. What’s the first song you want to play to get the trip off on a good note?

1 Like

ChrisV road testing his road trip entry.

2 Likes

That’s okay. I will have to charge you time and a half though.

I have no idea. I do a long drive every Sunday morning through horse farm country. Last week it was Bill Callahan. Today I chose M.I.A. It’s always just whatever I’m in the mood for.