Louis Cyphre's Walrus

Walrus Round 2 with your host Louis Cyphre

MUSIC TASTES

I mainly listen to rock and metal (from vanilla to extreme) and their siblings, cousins and bastards. I also listen to pop, hip-hop, some classic, a tiny bit of opera and I can generally find something I like in most genres.
Basically no-hoper genres: hardcore techno/gabber, Operetta
Dubious genres: Electronic, Jazz, country/western, disco, RNB

I listen to a lot of stuff, so just about everything else is in with a shot.

Categories:

1. A song with lyrics that are neither in your native language, nor English, nor my native language (German).
  2. A song that tells a story
  3. A song with an outstanding vocal performance - Originally this was “A song with an angelic voice” but I feel this is unnecessarily biases this category toward female singers and is narrower than I have in mind. More accurate description is a song that is really carried by the singer.
  4. A song with a folk, traditional or ethnic music element (any nation or culture)
  5. Guilty pleasure: a song that you are a bit embarassed to admit you actually love/like
  6. A song fit for a road trip

Depending on the number of entrants:

1. A song that was a strong second choice for one of the above categories

I intend to leave submissions open for a week. Maybe add a couple of days if requested/necessary.
You can send them one by one. Early submissions gives me more time to listen to them several times.

2 Likes

I worry that our musical tastes don’t overlap very much, but I like the game and don’t want to miss out, so I’m fairly sure I’ll be entering. Besides, I’m sure once you hear the amazing electronica, jazz and country music that I correctly like, you will be converted!

1 Like

In.

Damnit. Goodbye Rammstein and the Scorpions :slightly_frowning_face:

Your blatant attempt at pandering is appreciated.

Fjord!

In

In

In

I plan to be in it, not necessarily to win it.

You’re German? Better polish off my David Hasselhoff deep cuts.

2 Likes

In

I already have a much better German alternative. :slight_smile:

no Gilbert & Sullivan?! I’m out!

j/k will submit later today or tomorrow

Can lurkers play?

If so: in
If not: fu ldo

3 Likes

question 1, as I interpret it, doesn’t require all the lyrics of the song to be in the language ultimately chosen, just that one or some be of that tongue errr. Correct?

Was gonna ask the same thing

Welcome to the Walrus!

1 Like

No, I intended that to mean no lyrics in English, German or whatever your native language may be, or at least close to none.

Coo coo ca choo

I’ll just rail again and provide the aids to the thread. lol

these categories are too out.

eta: actually only the 1st question is challenging, but it’s enough that I’d have to seek for a song, and that’s not a song I’d want to submit if I hardly know it.

1 Like