LOL Democrats - Tik Tok on the clock, but the party don't stop

Interesting Kinsinger but no Cheney. Is she not endorsing Kamala?

For a second there I was like, “What the fuck, he didn’t die?!?”

2 Likes

It’s not like those are the only speakers…

https://x.com/ReedReports/status/1825543134530736437?t=kgn6pf_DGc0-uuu1tUXYBQ&s=19

1 Like

Yeah when I sold Volvos we had a couple people do it. Sounds pretty cool.

Sinn Fein opening the DNC is pretty based

4 Likes

Even if she did endorse, I imagine Cheney is way less popular with both potentially swingable Republicans and Democrats. I think Kinzinger carries a lot less baggage.

Also, lol Pelosi taking time off from committing stock fraud in broad daylight to share a few words, how do you not swap her with AOC? This is why the Dems suck, unlimited deference to these Boomer assholes no matter how toxic they are. We’re lucky Feinstein isn’t around to be a featured speaker.

Sinn Fein guy is a dynamic public speaker with real Rust Belt cred, inexcusable to not give him top billing.

I have no idea what you’re complaining about.

I don’t get why the DNC isn’t giving more prominence to younger talent instead of broadly-despised party elders. This isn’t complicated. Republicans don’t invite George W Bush and Mitt Romney to speak at the RNC.

the schedule isn’t even complete yet. AOC wasn’t announced as speaking tonight until earlier this morning. There are a lot of speaking slots left to fill.

Bush and Romney wouldn’t appear for Trump, but it’s not because Republicans won’t give spots to old folk.

Can say no for Germany. In the case of Merkel her husband was barely in public even. One exception I can think of is Christa Müller, now ex-wife of left-wing politician Oscar Lafontaine. She was politically involved when he was leading the SPD, which quickly earned her the nickname “Müllery”.

2 Likes

fwiw GWB also skipped it in 2012 back when they were still nominating quasi-normal people.

Tbh it’s probably because the Joe-to-Kamala swap was more of a happy accident and not a sign that democrats are actually figuring things out

2 Likes

This seems more sensible. I get that it’s an American tradition for the First Lady to be a quasi-public ceremonial figure, but also it’s a dumb tradition that’s felt outmoded since the 90s.

Now you’re just being obtuse. W would not get an invite in the first place because Republicans care more about winning than fluffing party elders.

I guess this makes Melania the model first lady for the future.

W would get an invite if he were willing to suck Trump’s dick.

What’s up with the photos of Obama and Bill? Weird

They got old.

This is what happens when you prioritize converting GOP voters through a strategy of capitulating to their talking points in the name of “you have to build a coalition”

It doesn’t result in slow progress. Only regression

https://x.com/katewillett/status/1827225803261895048?t=cjfO2n8ofPHfH1JL381GyQ&s=19

1 Like